Mar 15, 2012, 4:34 PM EDT
The news is especially disappointing given the optimism earlier in the week, and there’s concern Toews has suffered a setback in his recovery from what’s speculated to be a concussion.
“Whether it’s a setback or a part of the process, that’s what we’re dealing with,” Hawks coach Joel Quenneville said. “It’s a concern. You miss a guy like that and look forward to having him back at some point, but at the same time you look forward and take care of what we can control … and that’s our next game.”
After Friday, the next possible day for a Toews return is Sunday when the ‘Hawks host Washington.
Here’s Coach Q addressing the situation:
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 0
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 20
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 24
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 6
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8