Mar 15, 2012, 4:34 PM EDT
The news is especially disappointing given the optimism earlier in the week, and there’s concern Toews has suffered a setback in his recovery from what’s speculated to be a concussion.
“Whether it’s a setback or a part of the process, that’s what we’re dealing with,” Hawks coach Joel Quenneville said. “It’s a concern. You miss a guy like that and look forward to having him back at some point, but at the same time you look forward and take care of what we can control … and that’s our next game.”
After Friday, the next possible day for a Toews return is Sunday when the ‘Hawks host Washington.
Here’s Coach Q addressing the situation:
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 35
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25