Mar 15, 2012, 9:17 PM EDT
Perhaps it only makes sense that the process to bring Alex Radulov back to the Nashville Predators doesn’t really make much sense.
It’s been a process chock-full of headaches for Nashville ever since Radulov fled for greener pastures in the KHL. Just as it seemed like he was on the verge of returning in part to burn his final entry-level year, reports have surfaced that his KHL team isn’t clearing him to leave.
Now, that doesn’t guarantee that he won’t come back to the NHL anyway, but it certainly makes things more complicated for Radulov and the Predators. Beat reporter Joshua Cooper caught up with Nashville head coach Barry Trotz, who said that he believes they’ll know if the wild card winger will return by this weekend.
So it sounds like this scenario will drag on for a while longer, with plenty at stake for Radulov, the Predators and their potential playoff opponents.
The things is, it’s quite likely that the talented scorer could be worth every headache – at least from this most recent situation.
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 29
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 15
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)