Mar 15, 2012, 9:17 PM EDT
Perhaps it only makes sense that the process to bring Alex Radulov back to the Nashville Predators doesn’t really make much sense.
It’s been a process chock-full of headaches for Nashville ever since Radulov fled for greener pastures in the KHL. Just as it seemed like he was on the verge of returning in part to burn his final entry-level year, reports have surfaced that his KHL team isn’t clearing him to leave.
Now, that doesn’t guarantee that he won’t come back to the NHL anyway, but it certainly makes things more complicated for Radulov and the Predators. Beat reporter Joshua Cooper caught up with Nashville head coach Barry Trotz, who said that he believes they’ll know if the wild card winger will return by this weekend.
So it sounds like this scenario will drag on for a while longer, with plenty at stake for Radulov, the Predators and their potential playoff opponents.
The things is, it’s quite likely that the talented scorer could be worth every headache – at least from this most recent situation.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (50)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)