Mar 15, 2012, 9:17 PM EDT
Perhaps it only makes sense that the process to bring Alex Radulov back to the Nashville Predators doesn’t really make much sense.
It’s been a process chock-full of headaches for Nashville ever since Radulov fled for greener pastures in the KHL. Just as it seemed like he was on the verge of returning in part to burn his final entry-level year, reports have surfaced that his KHL team isn’t clearing him to leave.
Now, that doesn’t guarantee that he won’t come back to the NHL anyway, but it certainly makes things more complicated for Radulov and the Predators. Beat reporter Joshua Cooper caught up with Nashville head coach Barry Trotz, who said that he believes they’ll know if the wild card winger will return by this weekend.
So it sounds like this scenario will drag on for a while longer, with plenty at stake for Radulov, the Predators and their potential playoff opponents.
The things is, it’s quite likely that the talented scorer could be worth every headache – at least from this most recent situation.
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 12
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)