Mar 15, 2012, 9:17 PM EDT
Perhaps it only makes sense that the process to bring Alex Radulov back to the Nashville Predators doesn’t really make much sense.
It’s been a process chock-full of headaches for Nashville ever since Radulov fled for greener pastures in the KHL. Just as it seemed like he was on the verge of returning in part to burn his final entry-level year, reports have surfaced that his KHL team isn’t clearing him to leave.
Now, that doesn’t guarantee that he won’t come back to the NHL anyway, but it certainly makes things more complicated for Radulov and the Predators. Beat reporter Joshua Cooper caught up with Nashville head coach Barry Trotz, who said that he believes they’ll know if the wild card winger will return by this weekend.
So it sounds like this scenario will drag on for a while longer, with plenty at stake for Radulov, the Predators and their potential playoff opponents.
The things is, it’s quite likely that the talented scorer could be worth every headache – at least from this most recent situation.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 39
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 8
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)