Mar 15, 2012, 11:32 AM EST
Ovechkin and Knuble were taking part in drills when the two collided around center ice. Ovechkin lay on the ice for about two minutes then took a seat on the Capitals bench for another three minutes, holding his head before retreating to the locker room.
The Washington Times has a picture of Ovechkin sitting on the bench, and he doesn’t look great.
There’s no official word from the Caps yet, and Ovechkin hasn’t spoken to reporters.
Washington leaves this afternoon for a game in Winnipeg tomorrow night.
More to come.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 13
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 42
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 31
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)