Mar 15, 2012, 11:32 AM EDT
Ovechkin and Knuble were taking part in drills when the two collided around center ice. Ovechkin lay on the ice for about two minutes then took a seat on the Capitals bench for another three minutes, holding his head before retreating to the locker room.
The Washington Times has a picture of Ovechkin sitting on the bench, and he doesn’t look great.
There’s no official word from the Caps yet, and Ovechkin hasn’t spoken to reporters.
Washington leaves this afternoon for a game in Winnipeg tomorrow night.
More to come.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2