Mar 15, 2012, 11:32 AM EDT
Ovechkin and Knuble were taking part in drills when the two collided around center ice. Ovechkin lay on the ice for about two minutes then took a seat on the Capitals bench for another three minutes, holding his head before retreating to the locker room.
The Washington Times has a picture of Ovechkin sitting on the bench, and he doesn’t look great.
There’s no official word from the Caps yet, and Ovechkin hasn’t spoken to reporters.
Washington leaves this afternoon for a game in Winnipeg tomorrow night.
More to come.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32