Mar 15, 2012, 11:32 AM EDT
Ovechkin and Knuble were taking part in drills when the two collided around center ice. Ovechkin lay on the ice for about two minutes then took a seat on the Capitals bench for another three minutes, holding his head before retreating to the locker room.
The Washington Times has a picture of Ovechkin sitting on the bench, and he doesn’t look great.
There’s no official word from the Caps yet, and Ovechkin hasn’t spoken to reporters.
Washington leaves this afternoon for a game in Winnipeg tomorrow night.
More to come.
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 6
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 15
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 38
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 16
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 38
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)