Mar 15, 2012, 11:32 AM EST
Ovechkin and Knuble were taking part in drills when the two collided around center ice. Ovechkin lay on the ice for about two minutes then took a seat on the Capitals bench for another three minutes, holding his head before retreating to the locker room.
The Washington Times has a picture of Ovechkin sitting on the bench, and he doesn’t look great.
There’s no official word from the Caps yet, and Ovechkin hasn’t spoken to reporters.
Washington leaves this afternoon for a game in Winnipeg tomorrow night.
More to come.
- Miller’s second straight shutout puts Canucks in NHL lead 15
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 3
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 25
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)