Mar 15, 2012, 12:47 PM EST
Alex Ovechkin wasn’t hurt after slamming into teammate Mike Knuble during this morning’s practice, said Capitals coach Dale Hunter.
“He’s fine. Just two big guys colliding full speed,” Hunter said, as per the Washington Times. “Just a big collision. It knocks the wind out of you. When you lose your wind, that’s not fun.”
Ovechkin lay on the ice for two minutes following the collision with Knuble. Then after sitting on the bench for a few minutes (looking like this), he left for the dressing room.
The Washington Post’s Tarik El-Bashir doesn’t seem ready to buy the explanation that Ovechkin just got the wind knocked out of him – “Not sure that’s what my eyes saw. But that’s what Hunter said,” tweeted El-Bashir.
Hunter also said the “fine” Ovechkin will make the trip to Winnipeg and is expected to play in tomorrow’s game against the Jets.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 34
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 50
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 17
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 33
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 49
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 51
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 67
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (169)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)