Mar 15, 2012, 12:47 PM EST
Alex Ovechkin wasn’t hurt after slamming into teammate Mike Knuble during this morning’s practice, said Capitals coach Dale Hunter.
“He’s fine. Just two big guys colliding full speed,” Hunter said, as per the Washington Times. “Just a big collision. It knocks the wind out of you. When you lose your wind, that’s not fun.”
Ovechkin lay on the ice for two minutes following the collision with Knuble. Then after sitting on the bench for a few minutes (looking like this), he left for the dressing room.
The Washington Post’s Tarik El-Bashir doesn’t seem ready to buy the explanation that Ovechkin just got the wind knocked out of him – “Not sure that’s what my eyes saw. But that’s what Hunter said,” tweeted El-Bashir.
Hunter also said the “fine” Ovechkin will make the trip to Winnipeg and is expected to play in tomorrow’s game against the Jets.
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 13
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 76
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 4
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 88
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (88)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (86)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)