Mar 15, 2012, 12:47 PM EST
Alex Ovechkin wasn’t hurt after slamming into teammate Mike Knuble during this morning’s practice, said Capitals coach Dale Hunter.
“He’s fine. Just two big guys colliding full speed,” Hunter said, as per the Washington Times. “Just a big collision. It knocks the wind out of you. When you lose your wind, that’s not fun.”
Ovechkin lay on the ice for two minutes following the collision with Knuble. Then after sitting on the bench for a few minutes (looking like this), he left for the dressing room.
The Washington Post’s Tarik El-Bashir doesn’t seem ready to buy the explanation that Ovechkin just got the wind knocked out of him – “Not sure that’s what my eyes saw. But that’s what Hunter said,” tweeted El-Bashir.
Hunter also said the “fine” Ovechkin will make the trip to Winnipeg and is expected to play in tomorrow’s game against the Jets.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 8
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 29
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 23
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 30
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)