Mar 15, 2012, 12:47 PM EDT
Alex Ovechkin wasn’t hurt after slamming into teammate Mike Knuble during this morning’s practice, said Capitals coach Dale Hunter.
“He’s fine. Just two big guys colliding full speed,” Hunter said, as per the Washington Times. “Just a big collision. It knocks the wind out of you. When you lose your wind, that’s not fun.”
Ovechkin lay on the ice for two minutes following the collision with Knuble. Then after sitting on the bench for a few minutes (looking like this), he left for the dressing room.
The Washington Post’s Tarik El-Bashir doesn’t seem ready to buy the explanation that Ovechkin just got the wind knocked out of him – “Not sure that’s what my eyes saw. But that’s what Hunter said,” tweeted El-Bashir.
Hunter also said the “fine” Ovechkin will make the trip to Winnipeg and is expected to play in tomorrow’s game against the Jets.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 16
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 38
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 33
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21