Mar 15, 2012, 12:47 PM EDT
Alex Ovechkin wasn’t hurt after slamming into teammate Mike Knuble during this morning’s practice, said Capitals coach Dale Hunter.
“He’s fine. Just two big guys colliding full speed,” Hunter said, as per the Washington Times. “Just a big collision. It knocks the wind out of you. When you lose your wind, that’s not fun.”
Ovechkin lay on the ice for two minutes following the collision with Knuble. Then after sitting on the bench for a few minutes (looking like this), he left for the dressing room.
The Washington Post’s Tarik El-Bashir doesn’t seem ready to buy the explanation that Ovechkin just got the wind knocked out of him – “Not sure that’s what my eyes saw. But that’s what Hunter said,” tweeted El-Bashir.
Hunter also said the “fine” Ovechkin will make the trip to Winnipeg and is expected to play in tomorrow’s game against the Jets.
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 17
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 36
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 57
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 88
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes (88)