Mar 15, 2012, 1:05 PM EDT
Should be quite the evening at the most famous arena in the world.
According to various reports, the Pittsburgh Penguins will welcome back defenseman Kris Letang to the lineup on Thursday as they face the Rangers at Madison Square Garden. Letang’s return will coincide with the comeback of Sidney Crosby, who has been out since Dec. 5 with concussion symptoms.
Letang’s missed the last five games due to headaches stemming from a hit to the head by Dallas’ Eric Nystrom in late February. It was Letang’s second head injury of the year — in November, he suffered a concussion after getting hit by Montreal’s Max Pacioretty and was out of the lineup until January.
While the returns are great for the Penguins, they do present a conundrum for head coach Dan Bylsma when it comes to allotting minutes. Bylsma’s on record saying Crosby will be held to “around 15″ in his first game back, but limiting Letang is tricky. He’ll be paired with usual defense partner Paul Martin — who averages 23 minutes a night — and when healthy, Letang has been a 25-plus guy.
Of note, Thursday’s game will be just the fifth this season that the Penguins will have Crosby, Letang and Evgeni Malkin in the lineup.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 12
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 7
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 78
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)