Mar 15, 2012, 9:59 AM EDT
The Rangers might want to play a disciplined game on Thursday (7:00 p.m. ET on NBCSN), because Penguins coach Dan Bylsma has constructed a pretty scary power-play unit.
Sidney Crosby is projected to play on the third line in his return, but he’ll also be skating on the top power-play unit with Evgeni Malkin. There are some people who might believe that the Penguins spreading out their talent with the man advantage would be beneficial, but Bylsma isn’t one of them.
“I think we’ve always felt,” Bylsma said, “and do feel and strongly feel — all of us — that having the two best players (on the ice) is the best thing for us to have success.”
James Neal, who has been one of this season’s biggest breakout players, and Chris Kunitz are also projected to be on the ice with Malkin and Crosby. In the likely event that Kris Letang returns, he’ll probably be on the top unit instead of Steve Sullivan. On paper, it looks like arguably the best power-play unit in the NHL.
Crosby is projected to be playing the point on the power play while Kunitz will try and put himself in front of the net. Neal and Malkin will be in position to fire off one-timers.
- Video: Red Wings’ fans show support for Gordie Howe 0
- Burrows suspended three games for ‘late hit to the head’ on Emelin 11
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 7
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 12
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 13
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 38
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 37
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)