Mar 15, 2012, 3:09 PM EDT
Vancouver defenseman Chris Tanev wouldn’t try to foil an alien abduction, but he’d kick a shark.
We should probably explain.
The rookie Canuck was asked a bunch of questions based on the book, The Complete Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook, and his answers were published on the team’s website.
On how he’d foil an alien abduction?
“Do I even want to? If they were friendly I’d probably go up and visit. I’m not sure if I believe in aliens, but I think there’s something out there. I’d go and see what’s up and it would be cool, unless they tried to probe me. Then I’d be in trouble and I’d just hope that someone sees the rays of light from the ship and maybe helicopters come shoot the thing – I don’t know.”
And what he’d do if he were attacked by a shark?
“I’d probably kick him, you have to kick him, I’d probably get eaten though. I don’t think that would turn out too well, but at least I would have kicked him.”
Tanev was posed other questions, like what he’d do if a bird flew in his house and how he’d open a coconut on a deserted island. Click the link to read his answers.
For what it’s worth, I’d foil an alien abduction by kicking a shark at the UFO.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 0
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 15
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 30
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)