Mar 15, 2012, 3:09 PM EDT
Vancouver defenseman Chris Tanev wouldn’t try to foil an alien abduction, but he’d kick a shark.
We should probably explain.
The rookie Canuck was asked a bunch of questions based on the book, The Complete Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook, and his answers were published on the team’s website.
On how he’d foil an alien abduction?
“Do I even want to? If they were friendly I’d probably go up and visit. I’m not sure if I believe in aliens, but I think there’s something out there. I’d go and see what’s up and it would be cool, unless they tried to probe me. Then I’d be in trouble and I’d just hope that someone sees the rays of light from the ship and maybe helicopters come shoot the thing – I don’t know.”
And what he’d do if he were attacked by a shark?
“I’d probably kick him, you have to kick him, I’d probably get eaten though. I don’t think that would turn out too well, but at least I would have kicked him.”
Tanev was posed other questions, like what he’d do if a bird flew in his house and how he’d open a coconut on a deserted island. Click the link to read his answers.
For what it’s worth, I’d foil an alien abduction by kicking a shark at the UFO.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 8
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 21
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40