Mar 14, 2012, 7:50 PM EDT
Travis Zajac got a bit of good news recently when his doctors informed him that he’s “OK to amp up” his skating. Zajac said that the next step for him is to return to practice, although a date has not been set.
“Lou and the training staff will have a chat about it soon and I’ll know more from there,” Zajac said, referring to Devils GM Lou Lamoriello.
Zajac has only played in eight games due to issues with his left Achilles tendon. His return would provide the Devils with some extra depth, but it will be interesting to see how he fits into their lineup. Adam Henrique has settled in as the team’s top line center and it seems unlikely that Patrik Elias will shift from center to the wing at this stage of the season.
Although a shakeup is certainly possible, Zajac might serve on the third line when he returns, which might actually be for the best given how much time he has missed.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8