Mar 14, 2012, 7:50 PM EDT
Travis Zajac got a bit of good news recently when his doctors informed him that he’s “OK to amp up” his skating. Zajac said that the next step for him is to return to practice, although a date has not been set.
“Lou and the training staff will have a chat about it soon and I’ll know more from there,” Zajac said, referring to Devils GM Lou Lamoriello.
Zajac has only played in eight games due to issues with his left Achilles tendon. His return would provide the Devils with some extra depth, but it will be interesting to see how he fits into their lineup. Adam Henrique has settled in as the team’s top line center and it seems unlikely that Patrik Elias will shift from center to the wing at this stage of the season.
Although a shakeup is certainly possible, Zajac might serve on the third line when he returns, which might actually be for the best given how much time he has missed.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 115
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (115)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (40)