Mar 14, 2012, 7:50 PM EST
Travis Zajac got a bit of good news recently when his doctors informed him that he’s “OK to amp up” his skating. Zajac said that the next step for him is to return to practice, although a date has not been set.
“Lou and the training staff will have a chat about it soon and I’ll know more from there,” Zajac said, referring to Devils GM Lou Lamoriello.
Zajac has only played in eight games due to issues with his left Achilles tendon. His return would provide the Devils with some extra depth, but it will be interesting to see how he fits into their lineup. Adam Henrique has settled in as the team’s top line center and it seems unlikely that Patrik Elias will shift from center to the wing at this stage of the season.
Although a shakeup is certainly possible, Zajac might serve on the third line when he returns, which might actually be for the best given how much time he has missed.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)