Mar 14, 2012, 11:41 PM EDT
Erik Cole was in high spirits after scoring his 27th goal of the season in the first period of Wednesday’s game against Ottawa and he decided to let the referee know it.
Montreal goaltender Carey Price admitted, “That was hilarious. But I wasn’t laughing for too long because they scored right after.”
Price and the Canadiens ended up getting the last laugh as they went onto win 3-2 in a shootout.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 4
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 18
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 44
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 46
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38