Mar 14, 2012, 11:41 PM EDT
Erik Cole was in high spirits after scoring his 27th goal of the season in the first period of Wednesday’s game against Ottawa and he decided to let the referee know it.
Montreal goaltender Carey Price admitted, “That was hilarious. But I wasn’t laughing for too long because they scored right after.”
Price and the Canadiens ended up getting the last laugh as they went onto win 3-2 in a shootout.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 67
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 32
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15