Mar 14, 2012, 11:41 PM EDT
Erik Cole was in high spirits after scoring his 27th goal of the season in the first period of Wednesday’s game against Ottawa and he decided to let the referee know it.
Montreal goaltender Carey Price admitted, “That was hilarious. But I wasn’t laughing for too long because they scored right after.”
Price and the Canadiens ended up getting the last laugh as they went onto win 3-2 in a shootout.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 0
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 23
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15