Mar 14, 2012, 9:53 AM EDT
The Nashville Predators are pretty excited about the possible return of Alexander Radulov to the team after spending four seasons away in the KHL. After the NHL made it clear that Radulov’s path was clear to come back to the NHL anytime he wants to, it’s something that has the Predators’ Western Conference rivals a bit perturbed.
James Mirtle of The Globe And Mail caught up with some rival executives in Florida at the GM meetings and some of them are not happy that Radulov essentially gets to come and go as he pleases.
“I understand it from Nashville’s perspective, that they didn’t initiate this,” Blues GM Doug Armstrong said. “The difficult part is from Radulov’s perspective [is] he did. He gets his cake and eats it, too. … From Radulov’s point of view, he wins on all fronts.”
Sounds like a bit of sour grapes there to me.
After all, when Radulov bolted for the KHL these GMs weren’t exactly shedding a tear for the Predators. That said, Preds GM David Poile did things the smart way and never cut off Radulov from their plans. They never sought to terminate his contract and even put him on the team’s clearing list so he’d be eligible for the playoffs this season. If nothing else, Poile comes out looking like the ideal Boy Scout here in being prepared for anything.
We should find out if Radulov is coming back to Nashville today or tomorrow as he’s meeting with KHL officials today.
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers aim to solve Hawks’ Crawford 3
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 13
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 34
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)