Mar 14, 2012, 9:53 AM EDT
The Nashville Predators are pretty excited about the possible return of Alexander Radulov to the team after spending four seasons away in the KHL. After the NHL made it clear that Radulov’s path was clear to come back to the NHL anytime he wants to, it’s something that has the Predators’ Western Conference rivals a bit perturbed.
James Mirtle of The Globe And Mail caught up with some rival executives in Florida at the GM meetings and some of them are not happy that Radulov essentially gets to come and go as he pleases.
“I understand it from Nashville’s perspective, that they didn’t initiate this,” Blues GM Doug Armstrong said. “The difficult part is from Radulov’s perspective [is] he did. He gets his cake and eats it, too. … From Radulov’s point of view, he wins on all fronts.”
Sounds like a bit of sour grapes there to me.
After all, when Radulov bolted for the KHL these GMs weren’t exactly shedding a tear for the Predators. That said, Preds GM David Poile did things the smart way and never cut off Radulov from their plans. They never sought to terminate his contract and even put him on the team’s clearing list so he’d be eligible for the playoffs this season. If nothing else, Poile comes out looking like the ideal Boy Scout here in being prepared for anything.
We should find out if Radulov is coming back to Nashville today or tomorrow as he’s meeting with KHL officials today.
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 19
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 8
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 35
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 34
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)