Mar 14, 2012, 12:03 PM EST
It was only last week that Matt Duchene managed to hurt his ankle in what appeared to be gruesome fashion. Duchene was ruled to be out for 3-4 weeks putting him in danger of missing out on the rest of Colorado’s chase for the playoffs.
According to Adrian Dater of The Denver Post, however, Duchene is in Buffalo with the team and is set to skate with the team today. Dater even alludes that Duchene could be well enough to play soon. Reminder: He was just injured last week.
Considering where the Avs are in the playoff hunt this is nothing but good news for them. Duchene’s absence hasn’t hurt them lately, but getting him back could give Colorado the edge they’re looking for as they duke it out for the final two spots in the Western Conference. In the meantime, it’s up to Ryan O’Reilly, Gabriel Landeskog, and Paul Stastny to carry the load for the Avs, something they’ve done well this season.
Update (12:33 p.m.): Dater reports that Duchene is expected to play tomorrow against the Devils. Whatever his medical regiment is, I’ll have some of that.
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 25
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 21
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 37
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 7
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 77
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (77)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)