Mar 14, 2012, 12:03 PM EST
It was only last week that Matt Duchene managed to hurt his ankle in what appeared to be gruesome fashion. Duchene was ruled to be out for 3-4 weeks putting him in danger of missing out on the rest of Colorado’s chase for the playoffs.
According to Adrian Dater of The Denver Post, however, Duchene is in Buffalo with the team and is set to skate with the team today. Dater even alludes that Duchene could be well enough to play soon. Reminder: He was just injured last week.
Considering where the Avs are in the playoff hunt this is nothing but good news for them. Duchene’s absence hasn’t hurt them lately, but getting him back could give Colorado the edge they’re looking for as they duke it out for the final two spots in the Western Conference. In the meantime, it’s up to Ryan O’Reilly, Gabriel Landeskog, and Paul Stastny to carry the load for the Avs, something they’ve done well this season.
Update (12:33 p.m.): Dater reports that Duchene is expected to play tomorrow against the Devils. Whatever his medical regiment is, I’ll have some of that.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 12