Mar 14, 2012, 12:03 PM EDT
It was only last week that Matt Duchene managed to hurt his ankle in what appeared to be gruesome fashion. Duchene was ruled to be out for 3-4 weeks putting him in danger of missing out on the rest of Colorado’s chase for the playoffs.
According to Adrian Dater of The Denver Post, however, Duchene is in Buffalo with the team and is set to skate with the team today. Dater even alludes that Duchene could be well enough to play soon. Reminder: He was just injured last week.
Considering where the Avs are in the playoff hunt this is nothing but good news for them. Duchene’s absence hasn’t hurt them lately, but getting him back could give Colorado the edge they’re looking for as they duke it out for the final two spots in the Western Conference. In the meantime, it’s up to Ryan O’Reilly, Gabriel Landeskog, and Paul Stastny to carry the load for the Avs, something they’ve done well this season.
Update (12:33 p.m.): Dater reports that Duchene is expected to play tomorrow against the Devils. Whatever his medical regiment is, I’ll have some of that.
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 3
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 6
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ 45
- Report: Islanders were sold for $485 million 8
- Scrivens believes Oilers are ‘starting to build winning habits’ 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)