Mar 14, 2012, 12:03 PM EDT
It was only last week that Matt Duchene managed to hurt his ankle in what appeared to be gruesome fashion. Duchene was ruled to be out for 3-4 weeks putting him in danger of missing out on the rest of Colorado’s chase for the playoffs.
According to Adrian Dater of The Denver Post, however, Duchene is in Buffalo with the team and is set to skate with the team today. Dater even alludes that Duchene could be well enough to play soon. Reminder: He was just injured last week.
Considering where the Avs are in the playoff hunt this is nothing but good news for them. Duchene’s absence hasn’t hurt them lately, but getting him back could give Colorado the edge they’re looking for as they duke it out for the final two spots in the Western Conference. In the meantime, it’s up to Ryan O’Reilly, Gabriel Landeskog, and Paul Stastny to carry the load for the Avs, something they’ve done well this season.
Update (12:33 p.m.): Dater reports that Duchene is expected to play tomorrow against the Devils. Whatever his medical regiment is, I’ll have some of that.
- Here’s an (updated) list of available NHL coaching candidates 1
- Official: Canucks fire head coach Vigneault, assistants Bowness and Brown 21
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? 85
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 35
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 29
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 60
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 15
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 98
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 31
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (98)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (90)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (86)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- Live Extra: Watch Penguins-Senators, Game 4
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- PBT: Rugged Pacers hope to slow high-flying Heat
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree tears achilles, out six months