Mar 14, 2012, 12:03 PM EDT
It was only last week that Matt Duchene managed to hurt his ankle in what appeared to be gruesome fashion. Duchene was ruled to be out for 3-4 weeks putting him in danger of missing out on the rest of Colorado’s chase for the playoffs.
According to Adrian Dater of The Denver Post, however, Duchene is in Buffalo with the team and is set to skate with the team today. Dater even alludes that Duchene could be well enough to play soon. Reminder: He was just injured last week.
Considering where the Avs are in the playoff hunt this is nothing but good news for them. Duchene’s absence hasn’t hurt them lately, but getting him back could give Colorado the edge they’re looking for as they duke it out for the final two spots in the Western Conference. In the meantime, it’s up to Ryan O’Reilly, Gabriel Landeskog, and Paul Stastny to carry the load for the Avs, something they’ve done well this season.
Update (12:33 p.m.): Dater reports that Duchene is expected to play tomorrow against the Devils. Whatever his medical regiment is, I’ll have some of that.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 70
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5