Mar 14, 2012, 5:43 PM EDT
Barring an even-bigger-than-Buffalo run, the Anaheim Ducks are really just playing for pride and future contracts right now. With that in mind, the team would be wise to play it safe with players like Corey Perry, who is a game-time decision according to Eric Stephens of the OC Register.
A Stephane Robidas hit left Perry with a banged up shoulder, forcing him to end his consecutive games played streak at 272 on Monday.
Stephens reports that Perry and fellow injured Ducks player Luca Sbisa did participate in Anaheim’s morning skate, although Perry left fairly early. Sbisa reportedly has a better chance to play tonight, but both haven’t been ruled out of tonight’s game against the Detroit Red Wings.
In the grand scheme of things, Perry’s status is likely most relevant to two groups: a) his nightly opponents and b) his fantasy hockey owners. It sounds like Group A will be happier than Group B tonight, but we’ll see.
(H/T to Rotoworld.)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? 26
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 32
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 29
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 54
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 14
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 95
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 29
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 58
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (90)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree reportedly tears achilles, out for year
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save
- PHT: Sharks take Game 4, pull even with Kings