Mar 13, 2012, 4:14 PM EDT
Following Tuesday’s practice, Sidney Crosby told reporters that he plans to play on Thursday. He then went into detail about how he feels and what his role in the game will be. You can check out the interview below.
One of the most noteworthy revelations that Crosby made – other than the fact that he plans on playing – is that he feels better prepared to return than he did during his first attempt on Nov. 21. He wants to make sure that he paces himself, although he passed on the opportunity to give a rough prediction on how many minutes he thinks he’ll play.
The addition of Crosby will provide the already surging Penguins with a big and immediate boost, even if he’ll be playing on the third line Thursday. That being said, what the Penguins really need is for Crosby to be 100% when the playoffs start. So it would make sense if Pittsburgh decides go out of its way to ease him into the lineup.
You can watch Crosby’s return on NBCSN. The game is scheduled to start at 7pm ET and will be against the New York Rangers, who currently sit atop the Eastern Conference.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 3
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 6
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 28
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)