Mar 13, 2012, 4:14 PM EST
Following Tuesday’s practice, Sidney Crosby told reporters that he plans to play on Thursday. He then went into detail about how he feels and what his role in the game will be. You can check out the interview below.
One of the most noteworthy revelations that Crosby made – other than the fact that he plans on playing – is that he feels better prepared to return than he did during his first attempt on Nov. 21. He wants to make sure that he paces himself, although he passed on the opportunity to give a rough prediction on how many minutes he thinks he’ll play.
The addition of Crosby will provide the already surging Penguins with a big and immediate boost, even if he’ll be playing on the third line Thursday. That being said, what the Penguins really need is for Crosby to be 100% when the playoffs start. So it would make sense if Pittsburgh decides go out of its way to ease him into the lineup.
You can watch Crosby’s return on NBCSN. The game is scheduled to start at 7pm ET and will be against the New York Rangers, who currently sit atop the Eastern Conference.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 13
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54