Mar 13, 2012, 4:14 PM EST
Following Tuesday’s practice, Sidney Crosby told reporters that he plans to play on Thursday. He then went into detail about how he feels and what his role in the game will be. You can check out the interview below.
One of the most noteworthy revelations that Crosby made – other than the fact that he plans on playing – is that he feels better prepared to return than he did during his first attempt on Nov. 21. He wants to make sure that he paces himself, although he passed on the opportunity to give a rough prediction on how many minutes he thinks he’ll play.
The addition of Crosby will provide the already surging Penguins with a big and immediate boost, even if he’ll be playing on the third line Thursday. That being said, what the Penguins really need is for Crosby to be 100% when the playoffs start. So it would make sense if Pittsburgh decides go out of its way to ease him into the lineup.
You can watch Crosby’s return on NBCSN. The game is scheduled to start at 7pm ET and will be against the New York Rangers, who currently sit atop the Eastern Conference.
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 39
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 16
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 36
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 82
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)