Mar 13, 2012, 4:14 PM EDT
Following Tuesday’s practice, Sidney Crosby told reporters that he plans to play on Thursday. He then went into detail about how he feels and what his role in the game will be. You can check out the interview below.
One of the most noteworthy revelations that Crosby made – other than the fact that he plans on playing – is that he feels better prepared to return than he did during his first attempt on Nov. 21. He wants to make sure that he paces himself, although he passed on the opportunity to give a rough prediction on how many minutes he thinks he’ll play.
The addition of Crosby will provide the already surging Penguins with a big and immediate boost, even if he’ll be playing on the third line Thursday. That being said, what the Penguins really need is for Crosby to be 100% when the playoffs start. So it would make sense if Pittsburgh decides go out of its way to ease him into the lineup.
You can watch Crosby’s return on NBCSN. The game is scheduled to start at 7pm ET and will be against the New York Rangers, who currently sit atop the Eastern Conference.
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 0
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 45
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)