Mar 13, 2012, 7:07 PM EST
The Buffalo Sabres are charging their way up the Eastern Conference ranks, but they’ll need to continue that push without near-Chara-sized defenseman Tyler Myers. The young blueliner will sit out three contests for this boarding check on Montreal Canadiens forward Scott Gomez from Monday:
Myers won’t be available for tomorrow’s contest against the Colorado Avalanche (which will air on NBC Sports Network), Saturday’s game against the Florida Panthers and Monday’s match versus the Tampa Bay Lightning. He’ll also be $14,189.19 poorer due to the lost funds from a suspension, which would have been significantly higher if he had a prior history of suspensions.
How do you feel about the punishment? Was it too light, too harsh or just right?
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 7
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 2
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 10
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 8
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 26
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4