Mar 13, 2012, 7:07 PM EST
The Buffalo Sabres are charging their way up the Eastern Conference ranks, but they’ll need to continue that push without near-Chara-sized defenseman Tyler Myers. The young blueliner will sit out three contests for this boarding check on Montreal Canadiens forward Scott Gomez from Monday:
Myers won’t be available for tomorrow’s contest against the Colorado Avalanche (which will air on NBC Sports Network), Saturday’s game against the Florida Panthers and Monday’s match versus the Tampa Bay Lightning. He’ll also be $14,189.19 poorer due to the lost funds from a suspension, which would have been significantly higher if he had a prior history of suspensions.
How do you feel about the punishment? Was it too light, too harsh or just right?
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 37
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 28