Mar 13, 2012, 10:25 AM EST
Tyler Myers may have some time to himself coming soon.
Myers has a meeting with the NHL this afternoon to discuss his hit from behind on Montreal’s Scott Gomez during last night’s Sabres overtime victory. The hit came midway through the third period and saw Myers get sent off with a minor penalty for boarding.
Suspension worthy or not? Check out the video and see for yourself.
Myers appears to catch Gomez completely unaware that he’s there and with Myers’ height coming into play, he hits Gomez up high from behind. It looks like Myers has plenty of time to pull off and not crush Gomez, but we’ll see how Brendan Shanahan feels about that.
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 19
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (65)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)