Mar 13, 2012, 10:25 AM EST
Tyler Myers may have some time to himself coming soon.
Myers has a meeting with the NHL this afternoon to discuss his hit from behind on Montreal’s Scott Gomez during last night’s Sabres overtime victory. The hit came midway through the third period and saw Myers get sent off with a minor penalty for boarding.
Suspension worthy or not? Check out the video and see for yourself.
Myers appears to catch Gomez completely unaware that he’s there and with Myers’ height coming into play, he hits Gomez up high from behind. It looks like Myers has plenty of time to pull off and not crush Gomez, but we’ll see how Brendan Shanahan feels about that.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 13
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4