Mar 13, 2012, 10:25 AM EDT
Tyler Myers may have some time to himself coming soon.
Myers has a meeting with the NHL this afternoon to discuss his hit from behind on Montreal’s Scott Gomez during last night’s Sabres overtime victory. The hit came midway through the third period and saw Myers get sent off with a minor penalty for boarding.
Suspension worthy or not? Check out the video and see for yourself.
Myers appears to catch Gomez completely unaware that he’s there and with Myers’ height coming into play, he hits Gomez up high from behind. It looks like Myers has plenty of time to pull off and not crush Gomez, but we’ll see how Brendan Shanahan feels about that.
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 3
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 6
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ 45
- Report: Islanders were sold for $485 million 8
- Scrivens believes Oilers are ‘starting to build winning habits’ 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)