Mar 13, 2012, 10:25 AM EDT
Tyler Myers may have some time to himself coming soon.
Myers has a meeting with the NHL this afternoon to discuss his hit from behind on Montreal’s Scott Gomez during last night’s Sabres overtime victory. The hit came midway through the third period and saw Myers get sent off with a minor penalty for boarding.
Suspension worthy or not? Check out the video and see for yourself.
Myers appears to catch Gomez completely unaware that he’s there and with Myers’ height coming into play, he hits Gomez up high from behind. It looks like Myers has plenty of time to pull off and not crush Gomez, but we’ll see how Brendan Shanahan feels about that.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)