Mar 13, 2012, 6:22 PM EST
The fact that Jonathan Toews will not play in Tuesday’s game isn’t shocking. What is a little concerning is the decision to keep him off the ice for a second straight day.
“It’s part of the process. Some days are better than others but he knows his body,” Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville said. “We’ll see how he is. Hopefully we get him back on the ice tomorrow.”
Toews did lace up his skates four consecutive days before he finally took a break on Monday.
Unfortunately, the road to recovery from a concussion or concussion-like symptoms is anything but a straight path. Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman hopes that Toews will return next week, if not sooner, but we’ll just have to wait and see what happen next.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 57
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 72
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (142)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (72)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)