Mar 13, 2012, 6:22 PM EDT
The fact that Jonathan Toews will not play in Tuesday’s game isn’t shocking. What is a little concerning is the decision to keep him off the ice for a second straight day.
“It’s part of the process. Some days are better than others but he knows his body,” Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville said. “We’ll see how he is. Hopefully we get him back on the ice tomorrow.”
Toews did lace up his skates four consecutive days before he finally took a break on Monday.
Unfortunately, the road to recovery from a concussion or concussion-like symptoms is anything but a straight path. Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman hopes that Toews will return next week, if not sooner, but we’ll just have to wait and see what happen next.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 23
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)