Mar 13, 2012, 6:22 PM EST
The fact that Jonathan Toews will not play in Tuesday’s game isn’t shocking. What is a little concerning is the decision to keep him off the ice for a second straight day.
“It’s part of the process. Some days are better than others but he knows his body,” Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville said. “We’ll see how he is. Hopefully we get him back on the ice tomorrow.”
Toews did lace up his skates four consecutive days before he finally took a break on Monday.
Unfortunately, the road to recovery from a concussion or concussion-like symptoms is anything but a straight path. Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman hopes that Toews will return next week, if not sooner, but we’ll just have to wait and see what happen next.
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 3
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 5
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 63
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 11
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (69)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)