Mar 13, 2012, 6:22 PM EDT
The fact that Jonathan Toews will not play in Tuesday’s game isn’t shocking. What is a little concerning is the decision to keep him off the ice for a second straight day.
“It’s part of the process. Some days are better than others but he knows his body,” Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville said. “We’ll see how he is. Hopefully we get him back on the ice tomorrow.”
Toews did lace up his skates four consecutive days before he finally took a break on Monday.
Unfortunately, the road to recovery from a concussion or concussion-like symptoms is anything but a straight path. Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman hopes that Toews will return next week, if not sooner, but we’ll just have to wait and see what happen next.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 26
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50