Mar 13, 2012, 6:22 PM EDT
The fact that Jonathan Toews will not play in Tuesday’s game isn’t shocking. What is a little concerning is the decision to keep him off the ice for a second straight day.
“It’s part of the process. Some days are better than others but he knows his body,” Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville said. “We’ll see how he is. Hopefully we get him back on the ice tomorrow.”
Toews did lace up his skates four consecutive days before he finally took a break on Monday.
Unfortunately, the road to recovery from a concussion or concussion-like symptoms is anything but a straight path. Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman hopes that Toews will return next week, if not sooner, but we’ll just have to wait and see what happen next.
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 2
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 6
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 8
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 34
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)