Mar 13, 2012, 3:09 PM EDT
Should Alexander Radulov wish to come back to the NHL after a four-year self-imposed exile to the KHL, he’ll be allowed to do so without any problems.
NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly tells Dan Rosen of NHL.com that if Radulov wishes to return to the Nashville Predators he can do so without any problems at all. This means that Radulov won’t need to go through re-entry waivers and he’ll be able to play in the Stanley Cup playoffs with the team as well. Rosen does highlight one point of interest should he come back.
If Radulov does return this season, he would be fulfilling the final year of eligibility on his entry-level contract and therefore could become a restricted free agent July 1. Nashville GM David Poile said he believes the time is right for Radulov to return and he’s hoping to have him in Nashville soon.
If you think Radulov’s KHL contract could prevent him from coming back over, fear not. Slava Malamud of Sport-Express in Russia reports that Radulov has an out clause in his contract to allow him to return to the NHL.
Pavel Lysenkov of Sovietsky Sport reports that Radulov’s agent says a decision could come by Thursday as to whether or not he’ll be joining the Predators. The smart money here says that Radulov will be a Predator again and could be on the ice with them in a week.
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 2
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 12
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 0
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 53
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 51
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 54
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)