Mar 13, 2012, 3:09 PM EDT
Should Alexander Radulov wish to come back to the NHL after a four-year self-imposed exile to the KHL, he’ll be allowed to do so without any problems.
NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly tells Dan Rosen of NHL.com that if Radulov wishes to return to the Nashville Predators he can do so without any problems at all. This means that Radulov won’t need to go through re-entry waivers and he’ll be able to play in the Stanley Cup playoffs with the team as well. Rosen does highlight one point of interest should he come back.
If Radulov does return this season, he would be fulfilling the final year of eligibility on his entry-level contract and therefore could become a restricted free agent July 1. Nashville GM David Poile said he believes the time is right for Radulov to return and he’s hoping to have him in Nashville soon.
If you think Radulov’s KHL contract could prevent him from coming back over, fear not. Slava Malamud of Sport-Express in Russia reports that Radulov has an out clause in his contract to allow him to return to the NHL.
Pavel Lysenkov of Sovietsky Sport reports that Radulov’s agent says a decision could come by Thursday as to whether or not he’ll be joining the Predators. The smart money here says that Radulov will be a Predator again and could be on the ice with them in a week.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 0
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry 7
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 31
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 43
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)