Mar 13, 2012, 3:09 PM EST
Should Alexander Radulov wish to come back to the NHL after a four-year self-imposed exile to the KHL, he’ll be allowed to do so without any problems.
NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly tells Dan Rosen of NHL.com that if Radulov wishes to return to the Nashville Predators he can do so without any problems at all. This means that Radulov won’t need to go through re-entry waivers and he’ll be able to play in the Stanley Cup playoffs with the team as well. Rosen does highlight one point of interest should he come back.
If Radulov does return this season, he would be fulfilling the final year of eligibility on his entry-level contract and therefore could become a restricted free agent July 1. Nashville GM David Poile said he believes the time is right for Radulov to return and he’s hoping to have him in Nashville soon.
If you think Radulov’s KHL contract could prevent him from coming back over, fear not. Slava Malamud of Sport-Express in Russia reports that Radulov has an out clause in his contract to allow him to return to the NHL.
Pavel Lysenkov of Sovietsky Sport reports that Radulov’s agent says a decision could come by Thursday as to whether or not he’ll be joining the Predators. The smart money here says that Radulov will be a Predator again and could be on the ice with them in a week.
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 49
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 27
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 76
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 20
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 29
- Video: Fight erupts between Penguins and Capitals inside Pittsburgh’s bench 40
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (76)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)