Mar 13, 2012, 3:09 PM EDT
Should Alexander Radulov wish to come back to the NHL after a four-year self-imposed exile to the KHL, he’ll be allowed to do so without any problems.
NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly tells Dan Rosen of NHL.com that if Radulov wishes to return to the Nashville Predators he can do so without any problems at all. This means that Radulov won’t need to go through re-entry waivers and he’ll be able to play in the Stanley Cup playoffs with the team as well. Rosen does highlight one point of interest should he come back.
If Radulov does return this season, he would be fulfilling the final year of eligibility on his entry-level contract and therefore could become a restricted free agent July 1. Nashville GM David Poile said he believes the time is right for Radulov to return and he’s hoping to have him in Nashville soon.
If you think Radulov’s KHL contract could prevent him from coming back over, fear not. Slava Malamud of Sport-Express in Russia reports that Radulov has an out clause in his contract to allow him to return to the NHL.
Pavel Lysenkov of Sovietsky Sport reports that Radulov’s agent says a decision could come by Thursday as to whether or not he’ll be joining the Predators. The smart money here says that Radulov will be a Predator again and could be on the ice with them in a week.
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 37
- Getting clutch? Capitals reportedly sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 8
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 28
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 21
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)