Mar 13, 2012, 8:34 AM EST
David Krejci may not be the first player you think of when it comes to the Bruins, but with the number of guys they have out with injuries, he’s one of the few and proud still left standing.
With guys like Nathan Horton, Rich Peverley, and now Patrice Bergeron banged up or out of action for the time being, the burden of performing big has fallen on Krejci’s shoulders. As Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com finds out, Krejci knows he has to keep his offense flowing for the Bruins to stay on top of the Northeast Division.
“We’ve got to stick with it. We’ve just got to believe that things are going to turn around. If we play to win then I’m sure we’re going to get a win tomorrow, so we’ll see what happens,” said Krejci. “Right now everybody is looking at the standings. We all know Ottawa is right behind us.”
Krejci has been teamed up lately at times with Milan Lucic and Tyler Seguin to give the Bruins at least one offensively dynamic line to run with. It’s been Krejci that’s been the straw that stirs the drink there of late, however, scoring eight goals in his last nine games. They’ll need more of that while the Bruins figure out how to get healthy.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (74)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)