Mar 13, 2012, 8:34 AM EDT
David Krejci may not be the first player you think of when it comes to the Bruins, but with the number of guys they have out with injuries, he’s one of the few and proud still left standing.
With guys like Nathan Horton, Rich Peverley, and now Patrice Bergeron banged up or out of action for the time being, the burden of performing big has fallen on Krejci’s shoulders. As Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com finds out, Krejci knows he has to keep his offense flowing for the Bruins to stay on top of the Northeast Division.
“We’ve got to stick with it. We’ve just got to believe that things are going to turn around. If we play to win then I’m sure we’re going to get a win tomorrow, so we’ll see what happens,” said Krejci. “Right now everybody is looking at the standings. We all know Ottawa is right behind us.”
Krejci has been teamed up lately at times with Milan Lucic and Tyler Seguin to give the Bruins at least one offensively dynamic line to run with. It’s been Krejci that’s been the straw that stirs the drink there of late, however, scoring eight goals in his last nine games. They’ll need more of that while the Bruins figure out how to get healthy.
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 7
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 10
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 18
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)