Mar 13, 2012, 8:34 AM EST
David Krejci may not be the first player you think of when it comes to the Bruins, but with the number of guys they have out with injuries, he’s one of the few and proud still left standing.
With guys like Nathan Horton, Rich Peverley, and now Patrice Bergeron banged up or out of action for the time being, the burden of performing big has fallen on Krejci’s shoulders. As Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com finds out, Krejci knows he has to keep his offense flowing for the Bruins to stay on top of the Northeast Division.
“We’ve got to stick with it. We’ve just got to believe that things are going to turn around. If we play to win then I’m sure we’re going to get a win tomorrow, so we’ll see what happens,” said Krejci. “Right now everybody is looking at the standings. We all know Ottawa is right behind us.”
Krejci has been teamed up lately at times with Milan Lucic and Tyler Seguin to give the Bruins at least one offensively dynamic line to run with. It’s been Krejci that’s been the straw that stirs the drink there of late, however, scoring eight goals in his last nine games. They’ll need more of that while the Bruins figure out how to get healthy.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 41
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 117
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (120)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)