Mar 13, 2012, 8:34 AM EST
David Krejci may not be the first player you think of when it comes to the Bruins, but with the number of guys they have out with injuries, he’s one of the few and proud still left standing.
With guys like Nathan Horton, Rich Peverley, and now Patrice Bergeron banged up or out of action for the time being, the burden of performing big has fallen on Krejci’s shoulders. As Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com finds out, Krejci knows he has to keep his offense flowing for the Bruins to stay on top of the Northeast Division.
“We’ve got to stick with it. We’ve just got to believe that things are going to turn around. If we play to win then I’m sure we’re going to get a win tomorrow, so we’ll see what happens,” said Krejci. “Right now everybody is looking at the standings. We all know Ottawa is right behind us.”
Krejci has been teamed up lately at times with Milan Lucic and Tyler Seguin to give the Bruins at least one offensively dynamic line to run with. It’s been Krejci that’s been the straw that stirs the drink there of late, however, scoring eight goals in his last nine games. They’ll need more of that while the Bruins figure out how to get healthy.
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 16
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 53
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)