Mar 13, 2012, 8:34 AM EDT
David Krejci may not be the first player you think of when it comes to the Bruins, but with the number of guys they have out with injuries, he’s one of the few and proud still left standing.
With guys like Nathan Horton, Rich Peverley, and now Patrice Bergeron banged up or out of action for the time being, the burden of performing big has fallen on Krejci’s shoulders. As Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com finds out, Krejci knows he has to keep his offense flowing for the Bruins to stay on top of the Northeast Division.
“We’ve got to stick with it. We’ve just got to believe that things are going to turn around. If we play to win then I’m sure we’re going to get a win tomorrow, so we’ll see what happens,” said Krejci. “Right now everybody is looking at the standings. We all know Ottawa is right behind us.”
Krejci has been teamed up lately at times with Milan Lucic and Tyler Seguin to give the Bruins at least one offensively dynamic line to run with. It’s been Krejci that’s been the straw that stirs the drink there of late, however, scoring eight goals in his last nine games. They’ll need more of that while the Bruins figure out how to get healthy.
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 14
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 22
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 14
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 13
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (43)