Mar 13, 2012, 9:55 PM EDT
You’ve heard the cliche before: “hockey is a game of bounces.” Rarely is that statement revealed as the honest-truth quite like this wacky goal allowed by Michal Neuvirth.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
John Tavares ended up getting a gimme stat on that one, but he “earned” another tally and assist to show that it wasn’t just a night of flukes. (Tavares also found the net in the skills competition, by the way.)
That wacky goal seemed like it would tell the story of a disastrous missed opportunity once the score was 3-0 and 4-1, but give credit to the Washington Capitals, who redeemed their goalie by earning a 5-4 shootout comeback win.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
That triumph gave the Capitals four wins in a row and a temporary hold on the top spot in the Southeast Division – along with the third seed that would come with it. The Florida Panthers jumped right back into first place in the division with a 5-2 win against the Toronto Maple Leafs, but either way, things certainly look better for Washington now than they did when they were down 3-0 and 4-1.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Perhaps this is the type of win Washington can build something special upon, but Neuvirth will likely just be happy to be able to laugh – a bit – at that bizarre goal.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)