Mar 13, 2012, 4:45 PM EDT
Henrik Lundqvist is sick, which means the New York Rangers had to make some adjustments ahead of Tuesday’s game against Carolina. Martin Biron, who has been a generally reliable backup this season, will play between the pipes while third string goaltender Chad Johnson will start the game on the bench.
Lundqvist has started in 51 of the Rangers’ first 68 games, which is actually a bit low by his standards. However, he has still managed to hit the 30-win milestone for the seventh consecutive season.
If he’s feeling better, Lundqvist will probably start on Thursday against the Penguins. If not, Biron will likely be the Rangers’ starting goaltender as the team attempts to spoil Sidney Crosby’s return and end Pittsburgh’s nine-game winning streak.
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 21
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 39
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 90
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 5
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 20
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (172)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (92)