Mar 13, 2012, 4:45 PM EDT
Henrik Lundqvist is sick, which means the New York Rangers had to make some adjustments ahead of Tuesday’s game against Carolina. Martin Biron, who has been a generally reliable backup this season, will play between the pipes while third string goaltender Chad Johnson will start the game on the bench.
Lundqvist has started in 51 of the Rangers’ first 68 games, which is actually a bit low by his standards. However, he has still managed to hit the 30-win milestone for the seventh consecutive season.
If he’s feeling better, Lundqvist will probably start on Thursday against the Penguins. If not, Biron will likely be the Rangers’ starting goaltender as the team attempts to spoil Sidney Crosby’s return and end Pittsburgh’s nine-game winning streak.
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 4
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 36
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 32
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 27
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 50
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6