Mar 13, 2012, 4:45 PM EDT
Henrik Lundqvist is sick, which means the New York Rangers had to make some adjustments ahead of Tuesday’s game against Carolina. Martin Biron, who has been a generally reliable backup this season, will play between the pipes while third string goaltender Chad Johnson will start the game on the bench.
Lundqvist has started in 51 of the Rangers’ first 68 games, which is actually a bit low by his standards. However, he has still managed to hit the 30-win milestone for the seventh consecutive season.
If he’s feeling better, Lundqvist will probably start on Thursday against the Penguins. If not, Biron will likely be the Rangers’ starting goaltender as the team attempts to spoil Sidney Crosby’s return and end Pittsburgh’s nine-game winning streak.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 4
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 26
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)