Mar 13, 2012, 4:45 PM EST
Henrik Lundqvist is sick, which means the New York Rangers had to make some adjustments ahead of Tuesday’s game against Carolina. Martin Biron, who has been a generally reliable backup this season, will play between the pipes while third string goaltender Chad Johnson will start the game on the bench.
Lundqvist has started in 51 of the Rangers’ first 68 games, which is actually a bit low by his standards. However, he has still managed to hit the 30-win milestone for the seventh consecutive season.
If he’s feeling better, Lundqvist will probably start on Thursday against the Penguins. If not, Biron will likely be the Rangers’ starting goaltender as the team attempts to spoil Sidney Crosby’s return and end Pittsburgh’s nine-game winning streak.
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 12
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 53
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)