Mar 13, 2012, 4:45 PM EDT
Henrik Lundqvist is sick, which means the New York Rangers had to make some adjustments ahead of Tuesday’s game against Carolina. Martin Biron, who has been a generally reliable backup this season, will play between the pipes while third string goaltender Chad Johnson will start the game on the bench.
Lundqvist has started in 51 of the Rangers’ first 68 games, which is actually a bit low by his standards. However, he has still managed to hit the 30-win milestone for the seventh consecutive season.
If he’s feeling better, Lundqvist will probably start on Thursday against the Penguins. If not, Biron will likely be the Rangers’ starting goaltender as the team attempts to spoil Sidney Crosby’s return and end Pittsburgh’s nine-game winning streak.
- Video: Boston quickly erases Chicago’s late lead 0
- Video: Bruins, Hawks combine for five goals in 11 minutes during wild second period 5
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 61
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 23
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 24
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming