Mar 12, 2012, 2:42 PM EST
The Flyers have a host of guys hurt both on the blue line and up front, but with a day off today they could reassess where everyone was at and there’s at least a little good news to report.
CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio gets the scoop that forward Jakub Voracek might be back for tomorrow night’s game against New Jersey after missing his last three games with concussion-like symptoms. Voracek says he’s feeling a lot better since getting rocked by Detroit’s Niklas Kronwall last week.
On the blue line, Pavel Kubina, Andrej Meszaros and Kimmo Timonen continue hurting and Kubina tells Panaccio that he’s got a new injury unrelated to the eye injury he was put out of action with over a week ago. Timonen, meanwhile, is still hampered by a bad back and Meszaros has a groin issue and did not skate with the rest of the injured players.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 8
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 18
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 48
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 54
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (54)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)