Mar 12, 2012, 12:59 PM EST
During yesterday’s 5-2 Penguins win over Boston, there was a touch of controversy late in the third period. Penguins star Evgeni Malkin hit Bruins defenseman Johnny Boychuk from behind leading to Malkin receiving a minor penalty for boarding. The hit resulted in Boychuk leaving the game for a short time before returning and firing up the debate as to whether or not Malkin might be suspended.
Turns out Malkin has nothing to worry about as the league will not be taking action on him for the hit according to Dave Molinari of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. No suspension, no fine, not even a firm talking to for Malkin. Did he deserve one though? Decide for yourself by checking out the video.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 10
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 2
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 10
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4