Mar 12, 2012, 12:59 PM EDT
During yesterday’s 5-2 Penguins win over Boston, there was a touch of controversy late in the third period. Penguins star Evgeni Malkin hit Bruins defenseman Johnny Boychuk from behind leading to Malkin receiving a minor penalty for boarding. The hit resulted in Boychuk leaving the game for a short time before returning and firing up the debate as to whether or not Malkin might be suspended.
Turns out Malkin has nothing to worry about as the league will not be taking action on him for the hit according to Dave Molinari of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. No suspension, no fine, not even a firm talking to for Malkin. Did he deserve one though? Decide for yourself by checking out the video.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5