Mar 12, 2012, 12:59 PM EDT
During yesterday’s 5-2 Penguins win over Boston, there was a touch of controversy late in the third period. Penguins star Evgeni Malkin hit Bruins defenseman Johnny Boychuk from behind leading to Malkin receiving a minor penalty for boarding. The hit resulted in Boychuk leaving the game for a short time before returning and firing up the debate as to whether or not Malkin might be suspended.
Turns out Malkin has nothing to worry about as the league will not be taking action on him for the hit according to Dave Molinari of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. No suspension, no fine, not even a firm talking to for Malkin. Did he deserve one though? Decide for yourself by checking out the video.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25