Mar 12, 2012, 6:12 PM EDT
With Robin Lehner’s brief push and Ben Bishop’s 2-0-1 start, the Ottawa Senators probably aren’t dead-on desperate for Craig Anderson to return. Still, he’s their big-money guy, so getting him up to speed for the playoffs (and maybe a push for the Northeast Division title) is a must.
Anderson underwent a little dress rehearsal on Monday as he tested that injured hand while taking shots with Senators assistant coaches before their main practice, as the Ottawa Citizen reports.
The Senators goalie sliced his pinky finger while cutting a frozen chicken breast, which makes me think that teams should mandate “grill-ready” chicken for all its players – even if it means putting their Twitter policies on hold.
(OK, that’s a selfish thing because I want more players to say foolish things on Twitter and less players to injure themselves preparing healthy yet convenient meals.)
As far as his actual return, that remains to be seen, but the report indicates that he might make a “real” practice appearance sometime this week.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)