Mar 12, 2012, 6:12 PM EST
With Robin Lehner’s brief push and Ben Bishop’s 2-0-1 start, the Ottawa Senators probably aren’t dead-on desperate for Craig Anderson to return. Still, he’s their big-money guy, so getting him up to speed for the playoffs (and maybe a push for the Northeast Division title) is a must.
Anderson underwent a little dress rehearsal on Monday as he tested that injured hand while taking shots with Senators assistant coaches before their main practice, as the Ottawa Citizen reports.
The Senators goalie sliced his pinky finger while cutting a frozen chicken breast, which makes me think that teams should mandate “grill-ready” chicken for all its players – even if it means putting their Twitter policies on hold.
(OK, that’s a selfish thing because I want more players to say foolish things on Twitter and less players to injure themselves preparing healthy yet convenient meals.)
As far as his actual return, that remains to be seen, but the report indicates that he might make a “real” practice appearance sometime this week.
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 4
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 9
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 24
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11