Mar 12, 2012, 6:12 PM EDT
With Robin Lehner’s brief push and Ben Bishop’s 2-0-1 start, the Ottawa Senators probably aren’t dead-on desperate for Craig Anderson to return. Still, he’s their big-money guy, so getting him up to speed for the playoffs (and maybe a push for the Northeast Division title) is a must.
Anderson underwent a little dress rehearsal on Monday as he tested that injured hand while taking shots with Senators assistant coaches before their main practice, as the Ottawa Citizen reports.
The Senators goalie sliced his pinky finger while cutting a frozen chicken breast, which makes me think that teams should mandate “grill-ready” chicken for all its players – even if it means putting their Twitter policies on hold.
(OK, that’s a selfish thing because I want more players to say foolish things on Twitter and less players to injure themselves preparing healthy yet convenient meals.)
As far as his actual return, that remains to be seen, but the report indicates that he might make a “real” practice appearance sometime this week.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 12
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 13
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)