Mar 12, 2012, 6:12 PM EST
With Robin Lehner’s brief push and Ben Bishop’s 2-0-1 start, the Ottawa Senators probably aren’t dead-on desperate for Craig Anderson to return. Still, he’s their big-money guy, so getting him up to speed for the playoffs (and maybe a push for the Northeast Division title) is a must.
Anderson underwent a little dress rehearsal on Monday as he tested that injured hand while taking shots with Senators assistant coaches before their main practice, as the Ottawa Citizen reports.
The Senators goalie sliced his pinky finger while cutting a frozen chicken breast, which makes me think that teams should mandate “grill-ready” chicken for all its players – even if it means putting their Twitter policies on hold.
(OK, that’s a selfish thing because I want more players to say foolish things on Twitter and less players to injure themselves preparing healthy yet convenient meals.)
As far as his actual return, that remains to be seen, but the report indicates that he might make a “real” practice appearance sometime this week.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)