Mar 12, 2012, 9:30 AM EDT
While Dan Carcillo is on the shelf for the rest of the season with a knee injury, that’s given him plenty of time to talk about the future with the Chicago Blackhawks. With all that time on his hands, he was able to nail down a two-year contract extension with the team to remain in Chicago.
At 26-years-old, Carcillo is just hitting his stride as a player in the league and he was just starting to get comfortable with the Blackhawks when he hurt his knee back in January. Through 28 games with the Hawks this year, Carcillo put up two goals, nine assists, and 82 penalty minutes. His job is to be tough and get under the opponents’ skin and he’s very good at doing that.
With all the talk that the Blackhawks are still lacking some toughness this year, his presence has apparently been missed this year. Ever since Carcillo went down with his ACL injury, Chicago has gone 13-14-4 without him. Coincidence or not, his presence made things a bit easier on his teammates.
Update (11:34 a.m. ET): Renaud Lavoie of RDS reports that Carcillo’s deal comes with a $825,000 cap hit, a total of $1.65 million for the deal.
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 4
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 5
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 59
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 58
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)