Mar 12, 2012, 9:30 AM EDT
While Dan Carcillo is on the shelf for the rest of the season with a knee injury, that’s given him plenty of time to talk about the future with the Chicago Blackhawks. With all that time on his hands, he was able to nail down a two-year contract extension with the team to remain in Chicago.
At 26-years-old, Carcillo is just hitting his stride as a player in the league and he was just starting to get comfortable with the Blackhawks when he hurt his knee back in January. Through 28 games with the Hawks this year, Carcillo put up two goals, nine assists, and 82 penalty minutes. His job is to be tough and get under the opponents’ skin and he’s very good at doing that.
With all the talk that the Blackhawks are still lacking some toughness this year, his presence has apparently been missed this year. Ever since Carcillo went down with his ACL injury, Chicago has gone 13-14-4 without him. Coincidence or not, his presence made things a bit easier on his teammates.
Update (11:34 a.m. ET): Renaud Lavoie of RDS reports that Carcillo’s deal comes with a $825,000 cap hit, a total of $1.65 million for the deal.
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 7
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 11
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 10
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 40
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 48
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 86
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 39
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 62
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)