Mar 12, 2012, 3:03 PM EDT
After seeing his Colorado College season end in stunning fashion, St. Louis Blues 2010 first-round pick Jaden Schwartz is ready for the show.
The Blues signed Schwartz to his three-year entry-level contract and will have him join the Blues in Chicago tomorrow night. While the Blues could send Schwartz to the AHL and play for Peoria there, they want to see what he can bring to the table right away.
After a monster year in college that saw Schwartz put up 15 goals and 41 points in 30 games it’s clear that the 19-year-old Schwartz is ready for a bigger challenge. Jumping on board with the first place Blues in what’s essentially a well-oiled machine at this point should give Schwartz a comfort zone for getting his professional career under way.
- A taste of revenge? Blackhawks deal blow to Kings’ playoff hopes 2
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 6
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18