Mar 12, 2012, 3:03 PM EDT
After seeing his Colorado College season end in stunning fashion, St. Louis Blues 2010 first-round pick Jaden Schwartz is ready for the show.
The Blues signed Schwartz to his three-year entry-level contract and will have him join the Blues in Chicago tomorrow night. While the Blues could send Schwartz to the AHL and play for Peoria there, they want to see what he can bring to the table right away.
After a monster year in college that saw Schwartz put up 15 goals and 41 points in 30 games it’s clear that the 19-year-old Schwartz is ready for a bigger challenge. Jumping on board with the first place Blues in what’s essentially a well-oiled machine at this point should give Schwartz a comfort zone for getting his professional career under way.
- WATCH LIVE: Montreal Canadiens vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 1) 3
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 77
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 32
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 55
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (77)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (55)