Mar 12, 2012, 3:03 PM EST
After seeing his Colorado College season end in stunning fashion, St. Louis Blues 2010 first-round pick Jaden Schwartz is ready for the show.
The Blues signed Schwartz to his three-year entry-level contract and will have him join the Blues in Chicago tomorrow night. While the Blues could send Schwartz to the AHL and play for Peoria there, they want to see what he can bring to the table right away.
After a monster year in college that saw Schwartz put up 15 goals and 41 points in 30 games it’s clear that the 19-year-old Schwartz is ready for a bigger challenge. Jumping on board with the first place Blues in what’s essentially a well-oiled machine at this point should give Schwartz a comfort zone for getting his professional career under way.
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 0
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 5
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 23
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3