Mar 12, 2012, 3:03 PM EDT
After seeing his Colorado College season end in stunning fashion, St. Louis Blues 2010 first-round pick Jaden Schwartz is ready for the show.
The Blues signed Schwartz to his three-year entry-level contract and will have him join the Blues in Chicago tomorrow night. While the Blues could send Schwartz to the AHL and play for Peoria there, they want to see what he can bring to the table right away.
After a monster year in college that saw Schwartz put up 15 goals and 41 points in 30 games it’s clear that the 19-year-old Schwartz is ready for a bigger challenge. Jumping on board with the first place Blues in what’s essentially a well-oiled machine at this point should give Schwartz a comfort zone for getting his professional career under way.
- BREAKING: Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 5
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 19
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 9
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 2
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 43
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 26
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 49
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)