Mar 12, 2012, 3:03 PM EDT
After seeing his Colorado College season end in stunning fashion, St. Louis Blues 2010 first-round pick Jaden Schwartz is ready for the show.
The Blues signed Schwartz to his three-year entry-level contract and will have him join the Blues in Chicago tomorrow night. While the Blues could send Schwartz to the AHL and play for Peoria there, they want to see what he can bring to the table right away.
After a monster year in college that saw Schwartz put up 15 goals and 41 points in 30 games it’s clear that the 19-year-old Schwartz is ready for a bigger challenge. Jumping on board with the first place Blues in what’s essentially a well-oiled machine at this point should give Schwartz a comfort zone for getting his professional career under way.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5