Mar 11, 2012, 9:50 PM EDT
The first 40 minutes of action were relatively uneventful. Jarome Iginla scored a goal at 9:31 of the first period and for most of the contest, the Flames lead stayed at 1-0. Things heated up in the third period, with the Wild and Flames combining for six goals.
Calgary’s Sven Baertschi set the tone for the period by netting his first career NHL goal just 1:43 minutes into the third. Minnesota’s Erik Christensen responded with two quick goals to tie the game, before Glencross found the back of the net. You can take a look at the game’s highlights, including Glencross’ goal below.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Glencross set a new career-high with his 25th goal and he later tied his career-high of 43 points with an assist on Olli Jokinen’s game-winner.
This was Calgary’s third straight win as they fight tooth and nail for a playoff spot in the Western Conference. They’ll try and extend their winning streak in a critical match against the San Jose Sharks on Tuesday. In Minnesota, the situation has gotten dire. The Wild have now dropped six of their last seven contests and are now all-but out of the hunt for a playoff spot.
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 34
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10