Mar 11, 2012, 9:50 PM EDT
The first 40 minutes of action were relatively uneventful. Jarome Iginla scored a goal at 9:31 of the first period and for most of the contest, the Flames lead stayed at 1-0. Things heated up in the third period, with the Wild and Flames combining for six goals.
Calgary’s Sven Baertschi set the tone for the period by netting his first career NHL goal just 1:43 minutes into the third. Minnesota’s Erik Christensen responded with two quick goals to tie the game, before Glencross found the back of the net. You can take a look at the game’s highlights, including Glencross’ goal below.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Glencross set a new career-high with his 25th goal and he later tied his career-high of 43 points with an assist on Olli Jokinen’s game-winner.
This was Calgary’s third straight win as they fight tooth and nail for a playoff spot in the Western Conference. They’ll try and extend their winning streak in a critical match against the San Jose Sharks on Tuesday. In Minnesota, the situation has gotten dire. The Wild have now dropped six of their last seven contests and are now all-but out of the hunt for a playoff spot.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 3
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 7
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 18
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)