Mar 11, 2012, 9:50 PM EDT
The first 40 minutes of action were relatively uneventful. Jarome Iginla scored a goal at 9:31 of the first period and for most of the contest, the Flames lead stayed at 1-0. Things heated up in the third period, with the Wild and Flames combining for six goals.
Calgary’s Sven Baertschi set the tone for the period by netting his first career NHL goal just 1:43 minutes into the third. Minnesota’s Erik Christensen responded with two quick goals to tie the game, before Glencross found the back of the net. You can take a look at the game’s highlights, including Glencross’ goal below.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Glencross set a new career-high with his 25th goal and he later tied his career-high of 43 points with an assist on Olli Jokinen’s game-winner.
This was Calgary’s third straight win as they fight tooth and nail for a playoff spot in the Western Conference. They’ll try and extend their winning streak in a critical match against the San Jose Sharks on Tuesday. In Minnesota, the situation has gotten dire. The Wild have now dropped six of their last seven contests and are now all-but out of the hunt for a playoff spot.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39