Mar 11, 2012, 9:50 PM EST
The first 40 minutes of action were relatively uneventful. Jarome Iginla scored a goal at 9:31 of the first period and for most of the contest, the Flames lead stayed at 1-0. Things heated up in the third period, with the Wild and Flames combining for six goals.
Calgary’s Sven Baertschi set the tone for the period by netting his first career NHL goal just 1:43 minutes into the third. Minnesota’s Erik Christensen responded with two quick goals to tie the game, before Glencross found the back of the net. You can take a look at the game’s highlights, including Glencross’ goal below.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Glencross set a new career-high with his 25th goal and he later tied his career-high of 43 points with an assist on Olli Jokinen’s game-winner.
This was Calgary’s third straight win as they fight tooth and nail for a playoff spot in the Western Conference. They’ll try and extend their winning streak in a critical match against the San Jose Sharks on Tuesday. In Minnesota, the situation has gotten dire. The Wild have now dropped six of their last seven contests and are now all-but out of the hunt for a playoff spot.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 5
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 6
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 3
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8