Mar 11, 2012, 7:30 PM EDT
Brown is a physical presence and the captain of the Kings, but lately he’s also been one of their best players offensively. He’s on a seven-game point streak and 13 points in his last nine contests going into Sunday’s match against Chicago. Brown is still on pace to finish the season a step below the numbers he put up from 2007-08 to 2010-11, but after going cold in November and December this season, he’s making up for lost time.
Kings coach Darryl Sutter thinks that Brown’s success has come because he’s been playing a North-South game.
“Brown’s been really solid,” Sutter said. “He’s got to play a straight-line game. If you see him going East to West on the ice, you’ll know he’s not on his game.”
The question now is if Brown and the Kings snap their two-game losing streak and so that their recent slump doesn’t cause serious damage to their chances of making the playoffs.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (86)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)