Mar 11, 2012, 4:56 PM EDT
Every now and again you’ll get a great rant from Ducks coach Bruce Boudreau. Last night’s loss to the Dallas Stars helped bring Boudreau out of his shell as he took exception to how the officials ran the show during the Ducks’ 2-0 loss.
Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News hears it from Boudreau as he was unhappy about a great many things.
“The funny thing is if I say anything, it costs you $10,000. And if you don’t say anything, nothing gets done. It’s really a double-edged sword,” Boudreau said. “I don’t know if anything gets done. I’d love to be able to get a report that says, `Yes, it’s not good enough and this is the consequences,’ but we never hear. If that penalty on Lehtonen by Getzlaf (goaltender interference) was a penalty, I’ll be a monkey’s uncle.”
Tells us how you really feel Babs.
Boudreau has found that life in the Western Conference is a bit trickier when it comes to the officials for some reason. While we never heard from Boudreau too much about the refs in Washington, he’s been more than vocal in Anaheim sounding off on a couple other occasions.
Blame it on the stress of trying to get the Ducks back into the playoff race if you’d like to, but if Boudreau is going to sound off like this more often, we’re all for it.
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 2
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 12
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 63
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 31
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 54
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 13
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (63)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)