Mar 11, 2012, 4:56 PM EST
Every now and again you’ll get a great rant from Ducks coach Bruce Boudreau. Last night’s loss to the Dallas Stars helped bring Boudreau out of his shell as he took exception to how the officials ran the show during the Ducks’ 2-0 loss.
Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News hears it from Boudreau as he was unhappy about a great many things.
“The funny thing is if I say anything, it costs you $10,000. And if you don’t say anything, nothing gets done. It’s really a double-edged sword,” Boudreau said. “I don’t know if anything gets done. I’d love to be able to get a report that says, `Yes, it’s not good enough and this is the consequences,’ but we never hear. If that penalty on Lehtonen by Getzlaf (goaltender interference) was a penalty, I’ll be a monkey’s uncle.”
Tells us how you really feel Babs.
Boudreau has found that life in the Western Conference is a bit trickier when it comes to the officials for some reason. While we never heard from Boudreau too much about the refs in Washington, he’s been more than vocal in Anaheim sounding off on a couple other occasions.
Blame it on the stress of trying to get the Ducks back into the playoff race if you’d like to, but if Boudreau is going to sound off like this more often, we’re all for it.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 14
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 52
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)