Mar 11, 2012, 4:56 PM EDT
Every now and again you’ll get a great rant from Ducks coach Bruce Boudreau. Last night’s loss to the Dallas Stars helped bring Boudreau out of his shell as he took exception to how the officials ran the show during the Ducks’ 2-0 loss.
Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News hears it from Boudreau as he was unhappy about a great many things.
“The funny thing is if I say anything, it costs you $10,000. And if you don’t say anything, nothing gets done. It’s really a double-edged sword,” Boudreau said. “I don’t know if anything gets done. I’d love to be able to get a report that says, `Yes, it’s not good enough and this is the consequences,’ but we never hear. If that penalty on Lehtonen by Getzlaf (goaltender interference) was a penalty, I’ll be a monkey’s uncle.”
Tells us how you really feel Babs.
Boudreau has found that life in the Western Conference is a bit trickier when it comes to the officials for some reason. While we never heard from Boudreau too much about the refs in Washington, he’s been more than vocal in Anaheim sounding off on a couple other occasions.
Blame it on the stress of trying to get the Ducks back into the playoff race if you’d like to, but if Boudreau is going to sound off like this more often, we’re all for it.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 5
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 47
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)