Mar 11, 2012, 4:56 PM EDT
Every now and again you’ll get a great rant from Ducks coach Bruce Boudreau. Last night’s loss to the Dallas Stars helped bring Boudreau out of his shell as he took exception to how the officials ran the show during the Ducks’ 2-0 loss.
Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News hears it from Boudreau as he was unhappy about a great many things.
“The funny thing is if I say anything, it costs you $10,000. And if you don’t say anything, nothing gets done. It’s really a double-edged sword,” Boudreau said. “I don’t know if anything gets done. I’d love to be able to get a report that says, `Yes, it’s not good enough and this is the consequences,’ but we never hear. If that penalty on Lehtonen by Getzlaf (goaltender interference) was a penalty, I’ll be a monkey’s uncle.”
Tells us how you really feel Babs.
Boudreau has found that life in the Western Conference is a bit trickier when it comes to the officials for some reason. While we never heard from Boudreau too much about the refs in Washington, he’s been more than vocal in Anaheim sounding off on a couple other occasions.
Blame it on the stress of trying to get the Ducks back into the playoff race if you’d like to, but if Boudreau is going to sound off like this more often, we’re all for it.
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 11
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 20
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 31
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 41
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 11
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (68)