Mar 11, 2012, 4:56 PM EST
Every now and again you’ll get a great rant from Ducks coach Bruce Boudreau. Last night’s loss to the Dallas Stars helped bring Boudreau out of his shell as he took exception to how the officials ran the show during the Ducks’ 2-0 loss.
Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News hears it from Boudreau as he was unhappy about a great many things.
“The funny thing is if I say anything, it costs you $10,000. And if you don’t say anything, nothing gets done. It’s really a double-edged sword,” Boudreau said. “I don’t know if anything gets done. I’d love to be able to get a report that says, `Yes, it’s not good enough and this is the consequences,’ but we never hear. If that penalty on Lehtonen by Getzlaf (goaltender interference) was a penalty, I’ll be a monkey’s uncle.”
Tells us how you really feel Babs.
Boudreau has found that life in the Western Conference is a bit trickier when it comes to the officials for some reason. While we never heard from Boudreau too much about the refs in Washington, he’s been more than vocal in Anaheim sounding off on a couple other occasions.
Blame it on the stress of trying to get the Ducks back into the playoff race if you’d like to, but if Boudreau is going to sound off like this more often, we’re all for it.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 0
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 0
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 8
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 20
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 44
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)