Mar 11, 2012, 6:36 PM EST
New Jersey’s Adam Larsson has been back from his injury for a while now. Larsson had missed a few weeks with a bruised lower back in early February, but came back before the end of the month to try and help the Devils keep winning.
As he tells Rich Chere of The Star-Ledger, he may have come back too soon and done more harm for himself and the Devils than good.
“My game’s been up and down, I think,” Larsson told The Star-Ledger today. “The last few games it’s been pretty good, but it was pretty tough for me. I wasn’t in the best shape when I came back. I probably came back too quick after my injury.”
In the eight games Larsson has played since returning, he has just one assist and a plus-minus rating of plus-2. The stats aren’t impressive and Larsson hasn’t done much to make himself stand out. Then again, he’s in just his first NHL season and is all of 19-years-old. Things could be worse, but given the kind of minutes he’s playing, not getting noticed isn’t exactly a bad thing.
Still, considering how he feels he came back too soon and the way Travis Zajac rushed back to action after tearing his Achilles tendon before being out of action with soreness, you understand how high the pressure is to get back to action.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 0
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 23
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 17
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)