Mar 11, 2012, 6:36 PM EST
New Jersey’s Adam Larsson has been back from his injury for a while now. Larsson had missed a few weeks with a bruised lower back in early February, but came back before the end of the month to try and help the Devils keep winning.
As he tells Rich Chere of The Star-Ledger, he may have come back too soon and done more harm for himself and the Devils than good.
“My game’s been up and down, I think,” Larsson told The Star-Ledger today. “The last few games it’s been pretty good, but it was pretty tough for me. I wasn’t in the best shape when I came back. I probably came back too quick after my injury.”
In the eight games Larsson has played since returning, he has just one assist and a plus-minus rating of plus-2. The stats aren’t impressive and Larsson hasn’t done much to make himself stand out. Then again, he’s in just his first NHL season and is all of 19-years-old. Things could be worse, but given the kind of minutes he’s playing, not getting noticed isn’t exactly a bad thing.
Still, considering how he feels he came back too soon and the way Travis Zajac rushed back to action after tearing his Achilles tendon before being out of action with soreness, you understand how high the pressure is to get back to action.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 6
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 30
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 14
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)