Mar 10, 2012, 4:55 PM EDT
If you didn’t already know that Zdeno Chara is a physical beast on the ice, he proved it once again today.
During the first period of the Bruins’ 4-3 loss to the Capitals, Chara laid a huge hit on Caps forward Marcus Johansson. The hit into the boards turned out to be forceful enough to shatter the glass as if it happened in a video game. Fear not, no one was hurt on the play or in the stands, so sit back and enjoy the sight of plexiglass turning into dust.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 0
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53