Mar 10, 2012, 12:30 PM EST
The hopes of seeing Sidney Crosby return to action tomorrow afternoon against the Bruins are dashed.
After Crosby was cleared for contact in practice and hopes building up to the weekend that he might suit up for the first time in months, Seth Rorabaugh of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that Crosby will not play tomorrow. The Penguins do report, however, that Crosby hasn’t had any symptoms or setbacks. Good news in small doses is nice, too.
Crosby’s next chance to play comes on Thursday night in New York against the Rangers. With a few more days to work out and get better prepared to play, Pittsburgh hopes that Crosby could be ready to go by then. Expect the lead up to each Penguins game to be like this until Crosby hits the ice in a game again.
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 4
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 2
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 19
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 55
- Eakins calls for patience in Edmonton, whether fans ‘like it or not’ 15
- Bruins have to ‘step up,’ starting tonight in Nashville 45
- Welcome Taylor Hall to the trade rumor mill 53