Mar 10, 2012, 12:30 PM EDT
The hopes of seeing Sidney Crosby return to action tomorrow afternoon against the Bruins are dashed.
After Crosby was cleared for contact in practice and hopes building up to the weekend that he might suit up for the first time in months, Seth Rorabaugh of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that Crosby will not play tomorrow. The Penguins do report, however, that Crosby hasn’t had any symptoms or setbacks. Good news in small doses is nice, too.
Crosby’s next chance to play comes on Thursday night in New York against the Rangers. With a few more days to work out and get better prepared to play, Pittsburgh hopes that Crosby could be ready to go by then. Expect the lead up to each Penguins game to be like this until Crosby hits the ice in a game again.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)