Mar 10, 2012, 12:30 PM EST
The hopes of seeing Sidney Crosby return to action tomorrow afternoon against the Bruins are dashed.
After Crosby was cleared for contact in practice and hopes building up to the weekend that he might suit up for the first time in months, Seth Rorabaugh of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that Crosby will not play tomorrow. The Penguins do report, however, that Crosby hasn’t had any symptoms or setbacks. Good news in small doses is nice, too.
Crosby’s next chance to play comes on Thursday night in New York against the Rangers. With a few more days to work out and get better prepared to play, Pittsburgh hopes that Crosby could be ready to go by then. Expect the lead up to each Penguins game to be like this until Crosby hits the ice in a game again.
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 15
- Mike Richards clears waivers 27
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 13
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 53
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)