Mar 10, 2012, 12:30 PM EST
The hopes of seeing Sidney Crosby return to action tomorrow afternoon against the Bruins are dashed.
After Crosby was cleared for contact in practice and hopes building up to the weekend that he might suit up for the first time in months, Seth Rorabaugh of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that Crosby will not play tomorrow. The Penguins do report, however, that Crosby hasn’t had any symptoms or setbacks. Good news in small doses is nice, too.
Crosby’s next chance to play comes on Thursday night in New York against the Rangers. With a few more days to work out and get better prepared to play, Pittsburgh hopes that Crosby could be ready to go by then. Expect the lead up to each Penguins game to be like this until Crosby hits the ice in a game again.
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 6
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 5
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 7
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 21
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 20
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 43
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 7
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)