Mar 10, 2012, 12:00 PM EST
While the Penguins are busy seeing if Sidney Crosby will be ready to go for tomorrow’s game against Boston, they had a surprise appearance at practice this morning.
Josh Yohe of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports that injured defenseman Kris Letang joined the team for practice for the first time since being put out of action on February 29 against Dallas. Letang was knocked out of that game thanks to a hit from Stars forward Eric Nystrom. While many suspect that Letang suffered a concussion on the play, the team hasn’t confirmed that.
Seeing Letang back out practicing with the team just a week and a half after getting hurt is a great sign for the Penguins. While the team would love to get Crosby back soon, going without Letang hurts them more.
With how well Evgeni Malkin and Jordan Staal have played, they haven’t fully missed Crosby’s production. Letang’s abilities on the blue line at both ends of the ice are missed greatly and something they’ll need to be able to win the Stanley Cup.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 7
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 13
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 23
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 22
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)