Mar 10, 2012, 3:59 PM EDT
Jonathan Toews‘ recovery from a concussion is progressing well. It’s going so well, in fact, that some thought he might be able to suit up on Sunday night against the Kings.
As CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers reports, that won’t be the case but Toews has another day in mind this week for a possible return.
“I always think the next game will be the time,” said Toews, who is out for Sunday’s game against the Los Angeles Kings. “I’d love to be in on Tuesday but I need to focus on this afternoon, worry about those little things right now. It’s just one step at a time and hopefully it’ll be sooner than later at this point.”
If Toews comes back on Tuesday it’ll be for a divisional battle against St. Louis. As it is, Chicago going without Toews hasn’t been easy, but the play of Ray Emery in goal of late has helped balance everything out. Seeing Marian Hossa, Patrick Sharp, and Patrick Kane playing like their old selves has helped ease the loss of the team captain.
- WATCH LIVE: Montreal Canadiens vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 1) 3
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 77
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 32
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 55
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (77)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (55)