Mar 10, 2012, 3:59 PM EDT
Jonathan Toews‘ recovery from a concussion is progressing well. It’s going so well, in fact, that some thought he might be able to suit up on Sunday night against the Kings.
As CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers reports, that won’t be the case but Toews has another day in mind this week for a possible return.
“I always think the next game will be the time,” said Toews, who is out for Sunday’s game against the Los Angeles Kings. “I’d love to be in on Tuesday but I need to focus on this afternoon, worry about those little things right now. It’s just one step at a time and hopefully it’ll be sooner than later at this point.”
If Toews comes back on Tuesday it’ll be for a divisional battle against St. Louis. As it is, Chicago going without Toews hasn’t been easy, but the play of Ray Emery in goal of late has helped balance everything out. Seeing Marian Hossa, Patrick Sharp, and Patrick Kane playing like their old selves has helped ease the loss of the team captain.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 6
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 23
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)