Mar 10, 2012, 3:59 PM EST
Jonathan Toews‘ recovery from a concussion is progressing well. It’s going so well, in fact, that some thought he might be able to suit up on Sunday night against the Kings.
As CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers reports, that won’t be the case but Toews has another day in mind this week for a possible return.
“I always think the next game will be the time,” said Toews, who is out for Sunday’s game against the Los Angeles Kings. “I’d love to be in on Tuesday but I need to focus on this afternoon, worry about those little things right now. It’s just one step at a time and hopefully it’ll be sooner than later at this point.”
If Toews comes back on Tuesday it’ll be for a divisional battle against St. Louis. As it is, Chicago going without Toews hasn’t been easy, but the play of Ray Emery in goal of late has helped balance everything out. Seeing Marian Hossa, Patrick Sharp, and Patrick Kane playing like their old selves has helped ease the loss of the team captain.
- Miller’s second straight shutout puts Canucks in NHL lead 15
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 3
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 25
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)