Mar 10, 2012, 3:59 PM EDT
Jonathan Toews‘ recovery from a concussion is progressing well. It’s going so well, in fact, that some thought he might be able to suit up on Sunday night against the Kings.
As CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers reports, that won’t be the case but Toews has another day in mind this week for a possible return.
“I always think the next game will be the time,” said Toews, who is out for Sunday’s game against the Los Angeles Kings. “I’d love to be in on Tuesday but I need to focus on this afternoon, worry about those little things right now. It’s just one step at a time and hopefully it’ll be sooner than later at this point.”
If Toews comes back on Tuesday it’ll be for a divisional battle against St. Louis. As it is, Chicago going without Toews hasn’t been easy, but the play of Ray Emery in goal of late has helped balance everything out. Seeing Marian Hossa, Patrick Sharp, and Patrick Kane playing like their old selves has helped ease the loss of the team captain.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)