Mar 10, 2012, 3:59 PM EDT
Jonathan Toews‘ recovery from a concussion is progressing well. It’s going so well, in fact, that some thought he might be able to suit up on Sunday night against the Kings.
As CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers reports, that won’t be the case but Toews has another day in mind this week for a possible return.
“I always think the next game will be the time,” said Toews, who is out for Sunday’s game against the Los Angeles Kings. “I’d love to be in on Tuesday but I need to focus on this afternoon, worry about those little things right now. It’s just one step at a time and hopefully it’ll be sooner than later at this point.”
If Toews comes back on Tuesday it’ll be for a divisional battle against St. Louis. As it is, Chicago going without Toews hasn’t been easy, but the play of Ray Emery in goal of late has helped balance everything out. Seeing Marian Hossa, Patrick Sharp, and Patrick Kane playing like their old selves has helped ease the loss of the team captain.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 67
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 32
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15