Mar 10, 2012, 7:55 PM EDT
For a bubble team in mid-March, it’s a big blow any time a player gets injured. The Jets’ goal of bringing playoff hockey back to Winnipeg for the first time since the original team relocated to Phoenix got harder when Chris Thorburn sustained a lower body injury on Friday. Thorburn is expected to be sidelined for at least three weeks, so it’s entirely possible that he will not return before the end of the regular season.
Thorburn doesn’t get a lot of playing time, but he has been a physical presence. The Jets do have Eric Fehr, who has been a healthy scratch since Feb. 21, but Fehr doesn’t through his body around as much. Jets coach Claude Noel might dip into the AHL to replace Thorburn, but he’s also thinking about double shifting Blake Wheeler or Evander Kane.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 0
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 31
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 30
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21