Mar 10, 2012, 8:42 PM EDT
Years of rehearsing the national anthem in school, not to mention at every major sporting event, paid off Saturday night for Senators fans at Scotiabank Place. With their team hosting the Buffalo Sabres, Tara Holloway had a brief mental lapse while reciting the French portion of O Canada. No problem, she had thousands of backup singers ready to pick up the slack.
We have to give Holloway credit for laughing off what had to be an embarrassing moment and continuing the anthem.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39