Mar 10, 2012, 8:42 PM EDT
Years of rehearsing the national anthem in school, not to mention at every major sporting event, paid off Saturday night for Senators fans at Scotiabank Place. With their team hosting the Buffalo Sabres, Tara Holloway had a brief mental lapse while reciting the French portion of O Canada. No problem, she had thousands of backup singers ready to pick up the slack.
We have to give Holloway credit for laughing off what had to be an embarrassing moment and continuing the anthem.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5