Mar 10, 2012, 6:27 PM EDT
It’s been a while since we’ve seen Dallas Stars captain Brenden Morrow suit up for his team. Morrow’s been out since Groundhog Day with an upper-body injury and in the meantime the Stars have climbed to the top of the Pacific Division.
After being taken off IR yesterday it looks like he’ll be back in action for Dallas as they continue their push for the postseason and potentially a division title. Morrow is the physical, lead-by-example leader of the team and gives them another guy with some touch around the net. Morrow also isn’t afraid to mix things up when needed as well.
With Morrow and Steve Ott also likely back tonight after a short absence, the irritability level of the Stars increases dramatically. That’s not a bad thing if you’re a Stars fan. If you’re an opposing player or fan, though, that means you’ll be in for a long night of agitation and tenacious pressure.
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 9
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 2
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 44
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 36
- Playoffs Tonight: We’re tied going into Boston 9
- Writer: NHL playoffs are ‘annoying’ 77
- Blackhawks look to end current Game 3 curse 4
- Bruins’ leaders deliver Stanley Cup Final speech 14
- Report: NHL has Seattle plan ready for Coyotes 64
- Bruins stymie Blackhawks, take Game 3
- Survival and heartbreak at US Open
- Protesters back in streets of Brazilian cities
- Radio hosts fired for mocking ex-NFL player with ALS
- Posnanski: More Open heartbreak for Mickelson
- PHT: Bruins go 'above and beyond' in Gm. 3
- PHT: Hossa day to day with upper-body injury