Mar 10, 2012, 6:27 PM EDT
It’s been a while since we’ve seen Dallas Stars captain Brenden Morrow suit up for his team. Morrow’s been out since Groundhog Day with an upper-body injury and in the meantime the Stars have climbed to the top of the Pacific Division.
After being taken off IR yesterday it looks like he’ll be back in action for Dallas as they continue their push for the postseason and potentially a division title. Morrow is the physical, lead-by-example leader of the team and gives them another guy with some touch around the net. Morrow also isn’t afraid to mix things up when needed as well.
With Morrow and Steve Ott also likely back tonight after a short absence, the irritability level of the Stars increases dramatically. That’s not a bad thing if you’re a Stars fan. If you’re an opposing player or fan, though, that means you’ll be in for a long night of agitation and tenacious pressure.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 23
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 40
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 99
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 21
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 37
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (100)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)