Mar 10, 2012, 6:27 PM EST
It’s been a while since we’ve seen Dallas Stars captain Brenden Morrow suit up for his team. Morrow’s been out since Groundhog Day with an upper-body injury and in the meantime the Stars have climbed to the top of the Pacific Division.
After being taken off IR yesterday it looks like he’ll be back in action for Dallas as they continue their push for the postseason and potentially a division title. Morrow is the physical, lead-by-example leader of the team and gives them another guy with some touch around the net. Morrow also isn’t afraid to mix things up when needed as well.
With Morrow and Steve Ott also likely back tonight after a short absence, the irritability level of the Stars increases dramatically. That’s not a bad thing if you’re a Stars fan. If you’re an opposing player or fan, though, that means you’ll be in for a long night of agitation and tenacious pressure.
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 5
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 4
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 21
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)