Mar 10, 2012, 6:27 PM EDT
It’s been a while since we’ve seen Dallas Stars captain Brenden Morrow suit up for his team. Morrow’s been out since Groundhog Day with an upper-body injury and in the meantime the Stars have climbed to the top of the Pacific Division.
After being taken off IR yesterday it looks like he’ll be back in action for Dallas as they continue their push for the postseason and potentially a division title. Morrow is the physical, lead-by-example leader of the team and gives them another guy with some touch around the net. Morrow also isn’t afraid to mix things up when needed as well.
With Morrow and Steve Ott also likely back tonight after a short absence, the irritability level of the Stars increases dramatically. That’s not a bad thing if you’re a Stars fan. If you’re an opposing player or fan, though, that means you’ll be in for a long night of agitation and tenacious pressure.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 18
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 6
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 30
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 18
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)