Mar 10, 2012, 6:27 PM EDT
It’s been a while since we’ve seen Dallas Stars captain Brenden Morrow suit up for his team. Morrow’s been out since Groundhog Day with an upper-body injury and in the meantime the Stars have climbed to the top of the Pacific Division.
After being taken off IR yesterday it looks like he’ll be back in action for Dallas as they continue their push for the postseason and potentially a division title. Morrow is the physical, lead-by-example leader of the team and gives them another guy with some touch around the net. Morrow also isn’t afraid to mix things up when needed as well.
With Morrow and Steve Ott also likely back tonight after a short absence, the irritability level of the Stars increases dramatically. That’s not a bad thing if you’re a Stars fan. If you’re an opposing player or fan, though, that means you’ll be in for a long night of agitation and tenacious pressure.
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 8
- Your Lightning-Rangers Game 7 officials are… 1
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 39
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 12
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 45
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 8
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)