Mar 9, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
It’s safe to say that Boston’s Johnny Boychuk was a difference maker in Boston’s 3-1 victory over Buffalo on Thursday. With the game tied at 1-1 midway through the third period, Boychuk leveled Thomas Vanek as the Sabres’ forward was trying to get out of his own zone.
Vanek suffered an upper body injury on the play. The severity is not yet known. If there’s a silver lining it’s that, as Sabres coach Lindy Ruff said, “It’s not head, just upper body.”
That was just the start for Boychuk. About two minutes later, Boychuk scooped up the loose puck in the Sabres’ zone and scored the game-winning goal on a rocket shot.
David Krejci scored at 15:54 of the third period to give the Bruins some extra breathing room.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)