Mar 9, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
It’s safe to say that Boston’s Johnny Boychuk was a difference maker in Boston’s 3-1 victory over Buffalo on Thursday. With the game tied at 1-1 midway through the third period, Boychuk leveled Thomas Vanek as the Sabres’ forward was trying to get out of his own zone.
Vanek suffered an upper body injury on the play. The severity is not yet known. If there’s a silver lining it’s that, as Sabres coach Lindy Ruff said, “It’s not head, just upper body.”
That was just the start for Boychuk. About two minutes later, Boychuk scooped up the loose puck in the Sabres’ zone and scored the game-winning goal on a rocket shot.
David Krejci scored at 15:54 of the third period to give the Bruins some extra breathing room.
- All eyes on Lundqvist 8
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 9
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 27
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)