Mar 9, 2012, 9:40 AM EST
It’s safe to say that Boston’s Johnny Boychuk was a difference maker in Boston’s 3-1 victory over Buffalo on Thursday. With the game tied at 1-1 midway through the third period, Boychuk leveled Thomas Vanek as the Sabres’ forward was trying to get out of his own zone.
Vanek suffered an upper body injury on the play. The severity is not yet known. If there’s a silver lining it’s that, as Sabres coach Lindy Ruff said, “It’s not head, just upper body.”
That was just the start for Boychuk. About two minutes later, Boychuk scooped up the loose puck in the Sabres’ zone and scored the game-winning goal on a rocket shot.
David Krejci scored at 15:54 of the third period to give the Bruins some extra breathing room.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)