Mar 9, 2012, 9:40 AM EST
It’s safe to say that Boston’s Johnny Boychuk was a difference maker in Boston’s 3-1 victory over Buffalo on Thursday. With the game tied at 1-1 midway through the third period, Boychuk leveled Thomas Vanek as the Sabres’ forward was trying to get out of his own zone.
Vanek suffered an upper body injury on the play. The severity is not yet known. If there’s a silver lining it’s that, as Sabres coach Lindy Ruff said, “It’s not head, just upper body.”
That was just the start for Boychuk. About two minutes later, Boychuk scooped up the loose puck in the Sabres’ zone and scored the game-winning goal on a rocket shot.
David Krejci scored at 15:54 of the third period to give the Bruins some extra breathing room.
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 0
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 21
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 16
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 13
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 10
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8