Mar 9, 2012, 10:45 AM EDT
Citing a “person with knowledge of the situation,” the Pioneer Press is reporting the Minnesota Wild will retain the services of GM Chuck Fletcher and rookie head coach Mike Yeo for the 2012-13 season.
Fletcher is in his third year with the club, having pulled off a number of big trades during his tenure. He’ll have a high draft pick this summer and the cap space to make a splash in the free-agent market, which may include Minnesota native Zach Parise.
Yeo was the early favorite for coach of the year, leading his team to a league-best 20-7-3 start before injuries and the laws of statistics took their toll.
The Wild are 9-22-7 since Dec. 10, and before beating Phoenix in a shootout last night, had been outscored 23-5 in five straight losses.
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 15
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 25
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 20
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)