Mar 9, 2012, 10:45 AM EDT
Citing a “person with knowledge of the situation,” the Pioneer Press is reporting the Minnesota Wild will retain the services of GM Chuck Fletcher and rookie head coach Mike Yeo for the 2012-13 season.
Fletcher is in his third year with the club, having pulled off a number of big trades during his tenure. He’ll have a high draft pick this summer and the cap space to make a splash in the free-agent market, which may include Minnesota native Zach Parise.
Yeo was the early favorite for coach of the year, leading his team to a league-best 20-7-3 start before injuries and the laws of statistics took their toll.
The Wild are 9-22-7 since Dec. 10, and before beating Phoenix in a shootout last night, had been outscored 23-5 in five straight losses.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 3
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 16
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 23
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 14
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)