Mar 9, 2012, 10:45 AM EDT
Citing a “person with knowledge of the situation,” the Pioneer Press is reporting the Minnesota Wild will retain the services of GM Chuck Fletcher and rookie head coach Mike Yeo for the 2012-13 season.
Fletcher is in his third year with the club, having pulled off a number of big trades during his tenure. He’ll have a high draft pick this summer and the cap space to make a splash in the free-agent market, which may include Minnesota native Zach Parise.
Yeo was the early favorite for coach of the year, leading his team to a league-best 20-7-3 start before injuries and the laws of statistics took their toll.
The Wild are 9-22-7 since Dec. 10, and before beating Phoenix in a shootout last night, had been outscored 23-5 in five straight losses.
- Blackhawks nearly blow it…but don’t 1
- ‘Hawks rattle Rask with ‘way more traffic’ in Game 4 3
- Discuss: More Seabrook OT magic ties series 27
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 65
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 23
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 27
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming