Mar 9, 2012, 10:45 AM EST
Citing a “person with knowledge of the situation,” the Pioneer Press is reporting the Minnesota Wild will retain the services of GM Chuck Fletcher and rookie head coach Mike Yeo for the 2012-13 season.
Fletcher is in his third year with the club, having pulled off a number of big trades during his tenure. He’ll have a high draft pick this summer and the cap space to make a splash in the free-agent market, which may include Minnesota native Zach Parise.
Yeo was the early favorite for coach of the year, leading his team to a league-best 20-7-3 start before injuries and the laws of statistics took their toll.
The Wild are 9-22-7 since Dec. 10, and before beating Phoenix in a shootout last night, had been outscored 23-5 in five straight losses.
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 1
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 7
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 19
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 44
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 38
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)