Mar 9, 2012, 10:45 AM EDT
Citing a “person with knowledge of the situation,” the Pioneer Press is reporting the Minnesota Wild will retain the services of GM Chuck Fletcher and rookie head coach Mike Yeo for the 2012-13 season.
Fletcher is in his third year with the club, having pulled off a number of big trades during his tenure. He’ll have a high draft pick this summer and the cap space to make a splash in the free-agent market, which may include Minnesota native Zach Parise.
Yeo was the early favorite for coach of the year, leading his team to a league-best 20-7-3 start before injuries and the laws of statistics took their toll.
The Wild are 9-22-7 since Dec. 10, and before beating Phoenix in a shootout last night, had been outscored 23-5 in five straight losses.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63