Mar 9, 2012, 7:36 PM EDT
Patrick Marleau has been called a lot of things. Jeremy Roenick essentially thinks he’s soft. Many fans forget his better playoff moments and call him a “choker.” More whimsical folks delight in his supposed “awkwardness.”
One thing you can’t accuse Marleau of is courting criticism. With that in mind, it wasn’t surprising when he essentially pleaded the fifth to CSNBayArea.com’s Kevin Kurz when asked about Roenick’s harsh criticisms.
“No, it’s not worth my time, or anything,” Marleau said. “I don’t even pay attention.”
Roenick was a heart-on-his-sleeve kind of player, but it might not be fair to beat up on Marleau simply because he doesn’t show how much he cares by smashing his stick and going insane after every loss.
To paraphrase Henry David Thoreau, Marleau might just be living a life of quite hockey desperation.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 36
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)