Mar 9, 2012, 7:36 PM EDT
Patrick Marleau has been called a lot of things. Jeremy Roenick essentially thinks he’s soft. Many fans forget his better playoff moments and call him a “choker.” More whimsical folks delight in his supposed “awkwardness.”
One thing you can’t accuse Marleau of is courting criticism. With that in mind, it wasn’t surprising when he essentially pleaded the fifth to CSNBayArea.com’s Kevin Kurz when asked about Roenick’s harsh criticisms.
“No, it’s not worth my time, or anything,” Marleau said. “I don’t even pay attention.”
Roenick was a heart-on-his-sleeve kind of player, but it might not be fair to beat up on Marleau simply because he doesn’t show how much he cares by smashing his stick and going insane after every loss.
To paraphrase Henry David Thoreau, Marleau might just be living a life of quite hockey desperation.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)