Mar 9, 2012, 4:41 PM EDT
From CSN Washington’s Chuck Gormley, more anecdotal evidence that all is not well in D.C.:
[Roman] Hamrlik and [John] Erskine have not been the happiest players in the Capitals locker room the past several weeks, and both said they have not spoken to Hunter since they were pulled from the lineup.
Asked if Hunter had talked to him much lately, Erskine replied: “Who? Dale? He hasn’t talked to me one little bit. I talk to [assistant coaches] Deano [Evason] and Jimmy Johnson here and there, but that’s about it.”
Erskine said Hunter has not spoken to him since Jan. 18, when he took a double-minor for high sticking and a minor for elbowing all on the same play. He was a healthy scratch the following game.
According to my math, Hunter and Erskine haven’t said a word to each other in 51 days.
They might as well get married.
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 46
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits 102
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (102)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)