Mar 9, 2012, 4:41 PM EDT
From CSN Washington’s Chuck Gormley, more anecdotal evidence that all is not well in D.C.:
[Roman] Hamrlik and [John] Erskine have not been the happiest players in the Capitals locker room the past several weeks, and both said they have not spoken to Hunter since they were pulled from the lineup.
Asked if Hunter had talked to him much lately, Erskine replied: “Who? Dale? He hasn’t talked to me one little bit. I talk to [assistant coaches] Deano [Evason] and Jimmy Johnson here and there, but that’s about it.”
Erskine said Hunter has not spoken to him since Jan. 18, when he took a double-minor for high sticking and a minor for elbowing all on the same play. He was a healthy scratch the following game.
According to my math, Hunter and Erskine haven’t said a word to each other in 51 days.
They might as well get married.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50