Mar 9, 2012, 4:41 PM EST
From CSN Washington’s Chuck Gormley, more anecdotal evidence that all is not well in D.C.:
[Roman] Hamrlik and [John] Erskine have not been the happiest players in the Capitals locker room the past several weeks, and both said they have not spoken to Hunter since they were pulled from the lineup.
Asked if Hunter had talked to him much lately, Erskine replied: “Who? Dale? He hasn’t talked to me one little bit. I talk to [assistant coaches] Deano [Evason] and Jimmy Johnson here and there, but that’s about it.”
Erskine said Hunter has not spoken to him since Jan. 18, when he took a double-minor for high sticking and a minor for elbowing all on the same play. He was a healthy scratch the following game.
According to my math, Hunter and Erskine haven’t said a word to each other in 51 days.
They might as well get married.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 10
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 28
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 15
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 27
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 11
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 45
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 44
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 14
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 64
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 45
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (168)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)