Mar 9, 2012, 12:36 PM EDT
We still don’t know if Sidney Crosby is going to play Sunday when the Penguins face the Bruins (12:30 p.m. ET, NBC.)
But we do know when we’ll find out.
Crosby told reporters he’ll make a decision on Saturday about his availability for Sunday’s affair. While No. 87 indicated he might not have absorbed enough contact yet to resume playing, he didn’t rule out the possibility of coming back for the nationally-televised affair.
Crosby also stated he was pleased with his response to this week’s on-ice workouts.
“It went pretty good, but we haven’t practiced a lot,” Crosby told NHL.com. “A couple of morning skates and [working] with two guys yesterday…I probably haven’t been as tested as much as I would like.”
On Thursday, Crosby continued to work while some of his Penguins teammates enjoyed the day off. He skated with forwards Dustin Jeffrey and Eric Tangradi who, according to reports, “shoved [Crosby] during faceoff drills and puck-possession drills in the corners.”
If Crosby doesn’t play on Sunday, it’ll be interesting to see when he does return. The Penguins head out on a three-game roadie following the Boston game — in New York, New Jersey and Philadelphia — before returning home on Tuesday, Mar. 20 for a game against Winnipeg.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25