Mar 9, 2012, 12:36 PM EDT
We still don’t know if Sidney Crosby is going to play Sunday when the Penguins face the Bruins (12:30 p.m. ET, NBC.)
But we do know when we’ll find out.
Crosby told reporters he’ll make a decision on Saturday about his availability for Sunday’s affair. While No. 87 indicated he might not have absorbed enough contact yet to resume playing, he didn’t rule out the possibility of coming back for the nationally-televised affair.
Crosby also stated he was pleased with his response to this week’s on-ice workouts.
“It went pretty good, but we haven’t practiced a lot,” Crosby told NHL.com. “A couple of morning skates and [working] with two guys yesterday…I probably haven’t been as tested as much as I would like.”
On Thursday, Crosby continued to work while some of his Penguins teammates enjoyed the day off. He skated with forwards Dustin Jeffrey and Eric Tangradi who, according to reports, “shoved [Crosby] during faceoff drills and puck-possession drills in the corners.”
If Crosby doesn’t play on Sunday, it’ll be interesting to see when he does return. The Penguins head out on a three-game roadie following the Boston game — in New York, New Jersey and Philadelphia — before returning home on Tuesday, Mar. 20 for a game against Winnipeg.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 23
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 94
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 18
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 35
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (96)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)