Mar 9, 2012, 12:36 PM EST
We still don’t know if Sidney Crosby is going to play Sunday when the Penguins face the Bruins (12:30 p.m. ET, NBC.)
But we do know when we’ll find out.
Crosby told reporters he’ll make a decision on Saturday about his availability for Sunday’s affair. While No. 87 indicated he might not have absorbed enough contact yet to resume playing, he didn’t rule out the possibility of coming back for the nationally-televised affair.
Crosby also stated he was pleased with his response to this week’s on-ice workouts.
“It went pretty good, but we haven’t practiced a lot,” Crosby told NHL.com. “A couple of morning skates and [working] with two guys yesterday…I probably haven’t been as tested as much as I would like.”
On Thursday, Crosby continued to work while some of his Penguins teammates enjoyed the day off. He skated with forwards Dustin Jeffrey and Eric Tangradi who, according to reports, “shoved [Crosby] during faceoff drills and puck-possession drills in the corners.”
If Crosby doesn’t play on Sunday, it’ll be interesting to see when he does return. The Penguins head out on a three-game roadie following the Boston game — in New York, New Jersey and Philadelphia — before returning home on Tuesday, Mar. 20 for a game against Winnipeg.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 7
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 30
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 16
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 18
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 35
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32