Mar 9, 2012, 12:36 PM EDT
We still don’t know if Sidney Crosby is going to play Sunday when the Penguins face the Bruins (12:30 p.m. ET, NBC.)
But we do know when we’ll find out.
Crosby told reporters he’ll make a decision on Saturday about his availability for Sunday’s affair. While No. 87 indicated he might not have absorbed enough contact yet to resume playing, he didn’t rule out the possibility of coming back for the nationally-televised affair.
Crosby also stated he was pleased with his response to this week’s on-ice workouts.
“It went pretty good, but we haven’t practiced a lot,” Crosby told NHL.com. “A couple of morning skates and [working] with two guys yesterday…I probably haven’t been as tested as much as I would like.”
On Thursday, Crosby continued to work while some of his Penguins teammates enjoyed the day off. He skated with forwards Dustin Jeffrey and Eric Tangradi who, according to reports, “shoved [Crosby] during faceoff drills and puck-possession drills in the corners.”
If Crosby doesn’t play on Sunday, it’ll be interesting to see when he does return. The Penguins head out on a three-game roadie following the Boston game — in New York, New Jersey and Philadelphia — before returning home on Tuesday, Mar. 20 for a game against Winnipeg.
- WATCH LIVE: Montreal Canadiens vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 1) 1
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 70
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 31
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 54
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (70)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (55)