Mar 8, 2012, 2:24 PM EDT
From the “Dr. Nick Riviera diagnosis” department…
Remember the hand injury that forced Brandon Dubinsky out of Tuesday’s 4-1 loss to the Devils? The same one that kept him from practicing on Wednesday?
Yeah…turns out that was a sinus problem, according to the New York Post.
“Just didn’t feel well; got hit in the nose pretty hard,” Tortorella said in explaining Dubinsky’s absence. “[He is] just having some problems with his sinuses, just isn’t on top of it. So he took today off.”
Dubinsky confirmed the new diagnosis to Newsday’s Steve Zipay.
“I’m OK, I took it in the nose pretty good,” he said. “The issue is the [sinus] pressure.”
And so ends the curious case of Dubi’s dubious diagnosis.
As for Dubinsky’s status? Tortorella said he’d travel with the team to Ottawa for Thursday’s game and to Chicago for Friday’s affair, but offered no guarantee he’d be in the lineup for either.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)