Mar 8, 2012, 2:24 PM EDT
From the “Dr. Nick Riviera diagnosis” department…
Remember the hand injury that forced Brandon Dubinsky out of Tuesday’s 4-1 loss to the Devils? The same one that kept him from practicing on Wednesday?
Yeah…turns out that was a sinus problem, according to the New York Post.
“Just didn’t feel well; got hit in the nose pretty hard,” Tortorella said in explaining Dubinsky’s absence. “[He is] just having some problems with his sinuses, just isn’t on top of it. So he took today off.”
Dubinsky confirmed the new diagnosis to Newsday’s Steve Zipay.
“I’m OK, I took it in the nose pretty good,” he said. “The issue is the [sinus] pressure.”
And so ends the curious case of Dubi’s dubious diagnosis.
As for Dubinsky’s status? Tortorella said he’d travel with the team to Ottawa for Thursday’s game and to Chicago for Friday’s affair, but offered no guarantee he’d be in the lineup for either.
- Will winning trump revenge tonight? 0
- Sleepy Sharks hit new low in loss to Buffalo 3
- Goalie nods: Gustavsson gets his second start 0
- Price downplays start as Canadiens host Rangers 6
- Sens, Habs and Leafs pay tribute to fallen soldier 3
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 32
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 28
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)