Mar 8, 2012, 2:24 PM EDT
From the “Dr. Nick Riviera diagnosis” department…
Remember the hand injury that forced Brandon Dubinsky out of Tuesday’s 4-1 loss to the Devils? The same one that kept him from practicing on Wednesday?
Yeah…turns out that was a sinus problem, according to the New York Post.
“Just didn’t feel well; got hit in the nose pretty hard,” Tortorella said in explaining Dubinsky’s absence. “[He is] just having some problems with his sinuses, just isn’t on top of it. So he took today off.”
Dubinsky confirmed the new diagnosis to Newsday’s Steve Zipay.
“I’m OK, I took it in the nose pretty good,” he said. “The issue is the [sinus] pressure.”
And so ends the curious case of Dubi’s dubious diagnosis.
As for Dubinsky’s status? Tortorella said he’d travel with the team to Ottawa for Thursday’s game and to Chicago for Friday’s affair, but offered no guarantee he’d be in the lineup for either.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)