Mar 8, 2012, 2:24 PM EDT
From the “Dr. Nick Riviera diagnosis” department…
Remember the hand injury that forced Brandon Dubinsky out of Tuesday’s 4-1 loss to the Devils? The same one that kept him from practicing on Wednesday?
Yeah…turns out that was a sinus problem, according to the New York Post.
“Just didn’t feel well; got hit in the nose pretty hard,” Tortorella said in explaining Dubinsky’s absence. “[He is] just having some problems with his sinuses, just isn’t on top of it. So he took today off.”
Dubinsky confirmed the new diagnosis to Newsday’s Steve Zipay.
“I’m OK, I took it in the nose pretty good,” he said. “The issue is the [sinus] pressure.”
And so ends the curious case of Dubi’s dubious diagnosis.
As for Dubinsky’s status? Tortorella said he’d travel with the team to Ottawa for Thursday’s game and to Chicago for Friday’s affair, but offered no guarantee he’d be in the lineup for either.
- Report: Canucks fire head coach Vigneault, assistants Bowness and Brown 7
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? 68
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 35
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 29
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 57
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 15
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 95
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 31
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (90)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- PBT: Rugged Pacers hope to slow high-flying Heat
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree reportedly tears achilles, out for year
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save