Mar 8, 2012, 2:24 PM EDT
From the “Dr. Nick Riviera diagnosis” department…
Remember the hand injury that forced Brandon Dubinsky out of Tuesday’s 4-1 loss to the Devils? The same one that kept him from practicing on Wednesday?
Yeah…turns out that was a sinus problem, according to the New York Post.
“Just didn’t feel well; got hit in the nose pretty hard,” Tortorella said in explaining Dubinsky’s absence. “[He is] just having some problems with his sinuses, just isn’t on top of it. So he took today off.”
Dubinsky confirmed the new diagnosis to Newsday’s Steve Zipay.
“I’m OK, I took it in the nose pretty good,” he said. “The issue is the [sinus] pressure.”
And so ends the curious case of Dubi’s dubious diagnosis.
As for Dubinsky’s status? Tortorella said he’d travel with the team to Ottawa for Thursday’s game and to Chicago for Friday’s affair, but offered no guarantee he’d be in the lineup for either.
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 21
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 39
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 92
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 5
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 20
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (172)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (92)