Mar 8, 2012, 8:46 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars opted against trading Steve Ott for games like tonight: a gut-check defense of their Pacific Division lead against a desperate San Jose Sharks squad that hasn’t lost to Dallas this season.
Unfortunately for the Stars, Ott won’t be able to play. The team reports that back spasms have sidelined him for tonight’s game, forcing marginal forward Jake Dowell into the lineup.
Ott has played in 61 of 67 games so far this season, collecting a useful 33 points while agitating his way to 124 penalty minutes. The Stars will miss his feisty style, versatility and faceoff acumen in an important squabble with the Sharks.
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 34
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 16
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 14
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 36
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 59
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 94
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead