Mar 8, 2012, 12:47 PM EDT
Of all the places Rick Nash could end up next season, could Columbus be one of them?
According to Blue Jackets senior advisor Craig Patrick, the answer is yes.
“Rick might be with us the rest of his career, we don’t know,” Patrick told ESPN.com. “He’s really a great guy, a good captain. He really cares about the Columbus Blue Jackets and the Columbus market. He’s the epitome of a guy you want on your team.”
If the Jackets don’t get what they’re asking for Nash, Patrick says there won’t be a trade.
Of course, in any negotiation, you’ve got more leverage if the other side thinks you might walk away. So Patrick’s comments could be a bluff.
After passing on all offers for Nash at the trade deadline, general manager Scott Howson is banking on a sweetened pot during the summer. He’ll probably get it, since there’s never a shortage of desperation from teams that bomb out of the playoffs.
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 9
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 19
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 24
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 40
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 64
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (148)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (101)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)