Mar 8, 2012, 12:47 PM EDT
Of all the places Rick Nash could end up next season, could Columbus be one of them?
According to Blue Jackets senior advisor Craig Patrick, the answer is yes.
“Rick might be with us the rest of his career, we don’t know,” Patrick told ESPN.com. “He’s really a great guy, a good captain. He really cares about the Columbus Blue Jackets and the Columbus market. He’s the epitome of a guy you want on your team.”
If the Jackets don’t get what they’re asking for Nash, Patrick says there won’t be a trade.
Of course, in any negotiation, you’ve got more leverage if the other side thinks you might walk away. So Patrick’s comments could be a bluff.
After passing on all offers for Nash at the trade deadline, general manager Scott Howson is banking on a sweetened pot during the summer. He’ll probably get it, since there’s never a shortage of desperation from teams that bomb out of the playoffs.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (38)