Mar 8, 2012, 12:47 PM EDT
Of all the places Rick Nash could end up next season, could Columbus be one of them?
According to Blue Jackets senior advisor Craig Patrick, the answer is yes.
“Rick might be with us the rest of his career, we don’t know,” Patrick told ESPN.com. “He’s really a great guy, a good captain. He really cares about the Columbus Blue Jackets and the Columbus market. He’s the epitome of a guy you want on your team.”
If the Jackets don’t get what they’re asking for Nash, Patrick says there won’t be a trade.
Of course, in any negotiation, you’ve got more leverage if the other side thinks you might walk away. So Patrick’s comments could be a bluff.
After passing on all offers for Nash at the trade deadline, general manager Scott Howson is banking on a sweetened pot during the summer. He’ll probably get it, since there’s never a shortage of desperation from teams that bomb out of the playoffs.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5