Mar 8, 2012, 12:47 PM EST
Of all the places Rick Nash could end up next season, could Columbus be one of them?
According to Blue Jackets senior advisor Craig Patrick, the answer is yes.
“Rick might be with us the rest of his career, we don’t know,” Patrick told ESPN.com. “He’s really a great guy, a good captain. He really cares about the Columbus Blue Jackets and the Columbus market. He’s the epitome of a guy you want on your team.”
If the Jackets don’t get what they’re asking for Nash, Patrick says there won’t be a trade.
Of course, in any negotiation, you’ve got more leverage if the other side thinks you might walk away. So Patrick’s comments could be a bluff.
After passing on all offers for Nash at the trade deadline, general manager Scott Howson is banking on a sweetened pot during the summer. He’ll probably get it, since there’s never a shortage of desperation from teams that bomb out of the playoffs.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 0
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 16
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 17
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)