Mar 8, 2012, 9:17 PM EST
Tonight’s matchup against the Tampa Bay Lightning presents the beginning of a serious “gut check” for the Washington Capitals, but some of their players aren’t responding in the best way possible.
A good barometer for a truly bad hit comes when media members from that given city admonish the check. That seemed to be the case with Green’s actions, as you can see from this Tweet from The Washington Times’ Stephen Whyno.
Whyno was just one of the Capitals correspondents who disapproved of the hit, which left Connolly shaken up – although he did reportedly return to action according to CSNWashington.com’s Chuck Gormley (which sadly means quite a bit in the NHL’s current justice system).
What do you think would be an appropriate punishment for Green – if he deserves anything? Also, does this mean he’s no longer following robotic instructions or is he more like an evil “Terminator” type cyborg? (These are important questions, folks.)
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 6
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 30
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 14
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)