Mar 8, 2012, 9:17 PM EDT
Tonight’s matchup against the Tampa Bay Lightning presents the beginning of a serious “gut check” for the Washington Capitals, but some of their players aren’t responding in the best way possible.
A good barometer for a truly bad hit comes when media members from that given city admonish the check. That seemed to be the case with Green’s actions, as you can see from this Tweet from The Washington Times’ Stephen Whyno.
Whyno was just one of the Capitals correspondents who disapproved of the hit, which left Connolly shaken up – although he did reportedly return to action according to CSNWashington.com’s Chuck Gormley (which sadly means quite a bit in the NHL’s current justice system).
What do you think would be an appropriate punishment for Green – if he deserves anything? Also, does this mean he’s no longer following robotic instructions or is he more like an evil “Terminator” type cyborg? (These are important questions, folks.)
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 0
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 5
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47