Mar 8, 2012, 1:53 PM EDT
Apparently Johnny’s IceHouse was the place to be today.
Most notably, it was the scene of Jonathan Toews’ first on-ice appearance since suffering a concussion. Toews, who has missed the last eight games, skated on his own prior to the Blackhawks practice with coach Joel Quenneville later saying the captain responded well.
“He had a good skate today — he felt good,” Quenneville told CSN Chicago. “It’s exciting for us to see him back out there and he’s encouraged as well. It was a really good day.
“It’s a big first step seeing him out there; we’ll see how he’s progressing.”
‘Hawks practice had another special guest today: New Orleans Saints running back Pierre Thomas. The former University of Illinois standout took some shots on goal, according to the Blackhawks Twitter feed, and kept asking how much money defensemen get per headshot (jokes, jokes.)
Here’s a picture of PT Cruiser at the rink, courtesy the Chicago Tribune:
Thomas will take a shot on goal between periods of Friday’s Hawks-Rangers game at the United Center.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7