Mar 8, 2012, 1:53 PM EST
Apparently Johnny’s IceHouse was the place to be today.
Most notably, it was the scene of Jonathan Toews’ first on-ice appearance since suffering a concussion. Toews, who has missed the last eight games, skated on his own prior to the Blackhawks practice with coach Joel Quenneville later saying the captain responded well.
“He had a good skate today — he felt good,” Quenneville told CSN Chicago. “It’s exciting for us to see him back out there and he’s encouraged as well. It was a really good day.
“It’s a big first step seeing him out there; we’ll see how he’s progressing.”
‘Hawks practice had another special guest today: New Orleans Saints running back Pierre Thomas. The former University of Illinois standout took some shots on goal, according to the Blackhawks Twitter feed, and kept asking how much money defensemen get per headshot (jokes, jokes.)
Here’s a picture of PT Cruiser at the rink, courtesy the Chicago Tribune:
Thomas will take a shot on goal between periods of Friday’s Hawks-Rangers game at the United Center.
- Steen, Blues hold on against Ovechkin, Capitals 0
- David Backes ejected after boarding, bloodying Karl Alzner 13
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 4
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 24
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 18
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 15
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 12
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 28