Mar 8, 2012, 1:53 PM EDT
Apparently Johnny’s IceHouse was the place to be today.
Most notably, it was the scene of Jonathan Toews’ first on-ice appearance since suffering a concussion. Toews, who has missed the last eight games, skated on his own prior to the Blackhawks practice with coach Joel Quenneville later saying the captain responded well.
“He had a good skate today — he felt good,” Quenneville told CSN Chicago. “It’s exciting for us to see him back out there and he’s encouraged as well. It was a really good day.
“It’s a big first step seeing him out there; we’ll see how he’s progressing.”
‘Hawks practice had another special guest today: New Orleans Saints running back Pierre Thomas. The former University of Illinois standout took some shots on goal, according to the Blackhawks Twitter feed, and kept asking how much money defensemen get per headshot (jokes, jokes.)
Here’s a picture of PT Cruiser at the rink, courtesy the Chicago Tribune:
Thomas will take a shot on goal between periods of Friday’s Hawks-Rangers game at the United Center.
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 0
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 9
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 11
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4