Mar 8, 2012, 1:53 PM EDT
Apparently Johnny’s IceHouse was the place to be today.
Most notably, it was the scene of Jonathan Toews’ first on-ice appearance since suffering a concussion. Toews, who has missed the last eight games, skated on his own prior to the Blackhawks practice with coach Joel Quenneville later saying the captain responded well.
“He had a good skate today — he felt good,” Quenneville told CSN Chicago. “It’s exciting for us to see him back out there and he’s encouraged as well. It was a really good day.
“It’s a big first step seeing him out there; we’ll see how he’s progressing.”
‘Hawks practice had another special guest today: New Orleans Saints running back Pierre Thomas. The former University of Illinois standout took some shots on goal, according to the Blackhawks Twitter feed, and kept asking how much money defensemen get per headshot (jokes, jokes.)
Here’s a picture of PT Cruiser at the rink, courtesy the Chicago Tribune:
Thomas will take a shot on goal between periods of Friday’s Hawks-Rangers game at the United Center.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 17
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 10
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 40
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)