Mar 8, 2012, 5:02 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets don’t want those No. 7 Jeff Carter jerseys going to waste.
Tonight, with the L.A. Kings in town, they’re making the fans a special offer – bring your Carter jersey and get the name bar changed to [Jack] Johnson for free.*
Via CNBC’s Darren Rovell:
It actually works out perfectly because Carter was traded to the Kings for Jack Johnson, who came to wear No. 7 for the Blue Jackets.
Fans are invited to bring their Carter No. 7 jerseys into the team store through the end of the first period at tonight’s game and have a choice to get a new J. Johnson nameplate heat pressed on the jersey or to wait for the team to produce sewn name plates and affix them to the jersey.
“It’s a reward for our fans,” said Karen Davis, director of business communications for the team. “Our fans made an investment in buying the jersey and we’re saying, we want them to have our new player on their back.”
The Blue Jackets are warning fans that quantities are limited, so to the three dudes that bought Carter jerseys, there’s your heads up.
*Offer not valid for Anson Carter No. 77 jerseys.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 28
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 26
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 22
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 58
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 32
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22