Mar 8, 2012, 5:02 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets don’t want those No. 7 Jeff Carter jerseys going to waste.
Tonight, with the L.A. Kings in town, they’re making the fans a special offer – bring your Carter jersey and get the name bar changed to [Jack] Johnson for free.*
Via CNBC’s Darren Rovell:
It actually works out perfectly because Carter was traded to the Kings for Jack Johnson, who came to wear No. 7 for the Blue Jackets.
Fans are invited to bring their Carter No. 7 jerseys into the team store through the end of the first period at tonight’s game and have a choice to get a new J. Johnson nameplate heat pressed on the jersey or to wait for the team to produce sewn name plates and affix them to the jersey.
“It’s a reward for our fans,” said Karen Davis, director of business communications for the team. “Our fans made an investment in buying the jersey and we’re saying, we want them to have our new player on their back.”
The Blue Jackets are warning fans that quantities are limited, so to the three dudes that bought Carter jerseys, there’s your heads up.
*Offer not valid for Anson Carter No. 77 jerseys.
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 5
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 11
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 11
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 6
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)