Mar 8, 2012, 5:02 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets don’t want those No. 7 Jeff Carter jerseys going to waste.
Tonight, with the L.A. Kings in town, they’re making the fans a special offer – bring your Carter jersey and get the name bar changed to [Jack] Johnson for free.*
Via CNBC’s Darren Rovell:
It actually works out perfectly because Carter was traded to the Kings for Jack Johnson, who came to wear No. 7 for the Blue Jackets.
Fans are invited to bring their Carter No. 7 jerseys into the team store through the end of the first period at tonight’s game and have a choice to get a new J. Johnson nameplate heat pressed on the jersey or to wait for the team to produce sewn name plates and affix them to the jersey.
“It’s a reward for our fans,” said Karen Davis, director of business communications for the team. “Our fans made an investment in buying the jersey and we’re saying, we want them to have our new player on their back.”
The Blue Jackets are warning fans that quantities are limited, so to the three dudes that bought Carter jerseys, there’s your heads up.
*Offer not valid for Anson Carter No. 77 jerseys.
- WATCH LIVE: Tampa Bay Lightning at Montreal Canadiens (Game 3) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 6
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 43
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 72
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 23
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 26
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40