Mar 8, 2012, 5:02 PM EST
The Columbus Blue Jackets don’t want those No. 7 Jeff Carter jerseys going to waste.
Tonight, with the L.A. Kings in town, they’re making the fans a special offer – bring your Carter jersey and get the name bar changed to [Jack] Johnson for free.*
Via CNBC’s Darren Rovell:
It actually works out perfectly because Carter was traded to the Kings for Jack Johnson, who came to wear No. 7 for the Blue Jackets.
Fans are invited to bring their Carter No. 7 jerseys into the team store through the end of the first period at tonight’s game and have a choice to get a new J. Johnson nameplate heat pressed on the jersey or to wait for the team to produce sewn name plates and affix them to the jersey.
“It’s a reward for our fans,” said Karen Davis, director of business communications for the team. “Our fans made an investment in buying the jersey and we’re saying, we want them to have our new player on their back.”
The Blue Jackets are warning fans that quantities are limited, so to the three dudes that bought Carter jerseys, there’s your heads up.
*Offer not valid for Anson Carter No. 77 jerseys.
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 22
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (65)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)