Mar 7, 2012, 2:10 PM EST
Safe to say Dan Bylmsa wouldn’t be contemplating possible linemates for Sidney Crosby if the captain’s return to the Pittsburgh lineup wasn’t imminent. Which makes the coach’s comments today all the more exciting for Penguins fans.
“Great, great problem to ponder to think about, what line he would fit on,” Bylsma said, as reported by NHL.com. “Certainly, the (Chris) Kunitz-(Evgeni) Malkin-(James) Neal line has been spectacular and probably has been the best line in hockey the last two, two-and-a-half months. Having Sidney Crosby in that mix, the best player in the world, certainly is nice to ponder. Sid has been working hard, and at the trade deadline, there was talk he could be the best acquisition you could ever make. We’ve won some hockey games but we all know that adding that into our lineup would be the best acquisition we could make, and we welcome that sooner than later.”
Sunday’s home game against the Bruins is the one many are targeting for a Crosby comeback, though that’s the earliest he would play.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54