Mar 7, 2012, 11:33 AM EST
Yzerman says that Garon will be out of action for the next 3-4 weeks with a torn groin. While you’re busy crossing your legs hearing about that, the Lightning will call up youngster Dustin Tokarski from the AHL to fill his spot on the roster. With Dwayne Roloson playing poorly this season and Tokarski being a relative unknown, Tampa Bay’s charge up the standings in an effort to make the playoffs is taking a huge hit.
Tokarski is a guy who has some upside to his game and has been decent in the AHL this season, but he comes in with just two games to his NHL record. Now’s the time to show what you’ve got, kid.
If you’re wondering if Marty Turco might be a solution to their problems by grabbing him on waivers, that wont’ be possible. Any team claiming Turco on re-entry waivers cannot play him this season because Turco was signed after the trade deadline. The only team that Turco can play for is the Bruins. The NHL is fun with odd by-laws like that.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46