Mar 7, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
Yzerman says that Garon will be out of action for the next 3-4 weeks with a torn groin. While you’re busy crossing your legs hearing about that, the Lightning will call up youngster Dustin Tokarski from the AHL to fill his spot on the roster. With Dwayne Roloson playing poorly this season and Tokarski being a relative unknown, Tampa Bay’s charge up the standings in an effort to make the playoffs is taking a huge hit.
Tokarski is a guy who has some upside to his game and has been decent in the AHL this season, but he comes in with just two games to his NHL record. Now’s the time to show what you’ve got, kid.
If you’re wondering if Marty Turco might be a solution to their problems by grabbing him on waivers, that wont’ be possible. Any team claiming Turco on re-entry waivers cannot play him this season because Turco was signed after the trade deadline. The only team that Turco can play for is the Bruins. The NHL is fun with odd by-laws like that.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 13
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 26
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)