Mar 7, 2012, 11:33 AM EST
Yzerman says that Garon will be out of action for the next 3-4 weeks with a torn groin. While you’re busy crossing your legs hearing about that, the Lightning will call up youngster Dustin Tokarski from the AHL to fill his spot on the roster. With Dwayne Roloson playing poorly this season and Tokarski being a relative unknown, Tampa Bay’s charge up the standings in an effort to make the playoffs is taking a huge hit.
Tokarski is a guy who has some upside to his game and has been decent in the AHL this season, but he comes in with just two games to his NHL record. Now’s the time to show what you’ve got, kid.
If you’re wondering if Marty Turco might be a solution to their problems by grabbing him on waivers, that wont’ be possible. Any team claiming Turco on re-entry waivers cannot play him this season because Turco was signed after the trade deadline. The only team that Turco can play for is the Bruins. The NHL is fun with odd by-laws like that.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 13
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 42
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 31
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)