Mar 7, 2012, 11:33 AM EST
Yzerman says that Garon will be out of action for the next 3-4 weeks with a torn groin. While you’re busy crossing your legs hearing about that, the Lightning will call up youngster Dustin Tokarski from the AHL to fill his spot on the roster. With Dwayne Roloson playing poorly this season and Tokarski being a relative unknown, Tampa Bay’s charge up the standings in an effort to make the playoffs is taking a huge hit.
Tokarski is a guy who has some upside to his game and has been decent in the AHL this season, but he comes in with just two games to his NHL record. Now’s the time to show what you’ve got, kid.
If you’re wondering if Marty Turco might be a solution to their problems by grabbing him on waivers, that wont’ be possible. Any team claiming Turco on re-entry waivers cannot play him this season because Turco was signed after the trade deadline. The only team that Turco can play for is the Bruins. The NHL is fun with odd by-laws like that.
- Stomach flu makes Lightning’s Johnson a surprise scratch 0
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 7
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 8
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 13
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 6
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 33
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2