Mar 7, 2012, 1:24 PM EST
Welp, that should just about do it for Toronto. The team announced today that forward Joffrey Lupul will miss the next 3-4 weeks with a separated shoulder.
Lupul was injured last night on a hit by Boston forward David Krejci.
The 28-year-old ranks second in Leafs scoring with 25 goals and 42 assists. Not to mention, most of that production has come alongside Phil Kessel, who’s now without his favorite linemate.
With just 16 games remaining, Toronto sits 12th in the Eastern Conference, five points back of eighth-place Winnipeg. And given the recent play of the Leafs’ goaltending and defense, and now the injury to Lupul, a turnaround doesn’t appear imminent.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 8
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 75
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2