Mar 7, 2012, 1:24 PM EDT
Welp, that should just about do it for Toronto. The team announced today that forward Joffrey Lupul will miss the next 3-4 weeks with a separated shoulder.
Lupul was injured last night on a hit by Boston forward David Krejci.
The 28-year-old ranks second in Leafs scoring with 25 goals and 42 assists. Not to mention, most of that production has come alongside Phil Kessel, who’s now without his favorite linemate.
With just 16 games remaining, Toronto sits 12th in the Eastern Conference, five points back of eighth-place Winnipeg. And given the recent play of the Leafs’ goaltending and defense, and now the injury to Lupul, a turnaround doesn’t appear imminent.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 0
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 29
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)