Mar 7, 2012, 1:24 PM EST
Welp, that should just about do it for Toronto. The team announced today that forward Joffrey Lupul will miss the next 3-4 weeks with a separated shoulder.
Lupul was injured last night on a hit by Boston forward David Krejci.
The 28-year-old ranks second in Leafs scoring with 25 goals and 42 assists. Not to mention, most of that production has come alongside Phil Kessel, who’s now without his favorite linemate.
With just 16 games remaining, Toronto sits 12th in the Eastern Conference, five points back of eighth-place Winnipeg. And given the recent play of the Leafs’ goaltending and defense, and now the injury to Lupul, a turnaround doesn’t appear imminent.
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 39
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 14
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Can battered, slumping Stars rise above Blackhawks? 8
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (39)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (37)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)