Mar 7, 2012, 1:24 PM EDT
Welp, that should just about do it for Toronto. The team announced today that forward Joffrey Lupul will miss the next 3-4 weeks with a separated shoulder.
Lupul was injured last night on a hit by Boston forward David Krejci.
The 28-year-old ranks second in Leafs scoring with 25 goals and 42 assists. Not to mention, most of that production has come alongside Phil Kessel, who’s now without his favorite linemate.
With just 16 games remaining, Toronto sits 12th in the Eastern Conference, five points back of eighth-place Winnipeg. And given the recent play of the Leafs’ goaltending and defense, and now the injury to Lupul, a turnaround doesn’t appear imminent.
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 17
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 35
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 53
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 87
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes (87)