Mar 7, 2012, 1:24 PM EDT
Welp, that should just about do it for Toronto. The team announced today that forward Joffrey Lupul will miss the next 3-4 weeks with a separated shoulder.
Lupul was injured last night on a hit by Boston forward David Krejci.
The 28-year-old ranks second in Leafs scoring with 25 goals and 42 assists. Not to mention, most of that production has come alongside Phil Kessel, who’s now without his favorite linemate.
With just 16 games remaining, Toronto sits 12th in the Eastern Conference, five points back of eighth-place Winnipeg. And given the recent play of the Leafs’ goaltending and defense, and now the injury to Lupul, a turnaround doesn’t appear imminent.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (160)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)